gradia- light cure

S

sampson

Reaction score
hi all,
looking for hints and tips for Gradia -light cure composite from GC,
any stories will be of interest to me,
I got the standard kit and im looking forward to exploring its potential in crowns and small bridges.
thanks

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
hi all,
looking for hints and tips for Gradia -light cure composite from GC,
any stories will be of interest to me,
I got the standard kit and im looking forward to exploring its potential in crowns and small bridges.
thanks

Gradia is a fine composite system, the gingival shades are second to none at this point. We have used the product on Fix Hybrid cases predominately but make long term temps out of it as well. I know the material is suited for definitive crowns and small bridges but we do not utilize it for that. Mostly indirect inlays/onlays.

Speaking of resins we have been auditioning Premise from Kerr in our lab which is second gen Belleglass and I must say the material is exceptional. Very very dense and polishes extremal well.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Indirect composite systems got absolutely crushed by CRA-Clinical Research back in what..1998 I think was the beginning of the end of them all. They pretty much stopped all of this work in less than a years time. I was so upset and also aggravated that one report could do so much damage.
The manufacturers have been making really good direct composites for the dentists - enabling them to do nice direct resin (all the fancy "nano" technology and dense, highly polishable material"in the chair"). No temporization, easy for them and quick money. Also, the pressables inlays and new stronger materials seemed to have replaced indirect lab based resin restorations. I can't think of any lab friend or collegue doing these anymore, except one fella doing some temporary crowns with whatever material he had left that hasn't expired. Kind of a shame really.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
If they can build a space shuttle out of composite and send it to space.......it seems very feasible they can do it in the mouth.........

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Indirect composite systems got absolutely crushed by CRA-Clinical Research back in what..1998 I think was the beginning of the end of them all. They pretty much stopped all of this work in less than a years time. I was so upset and also aggravated that one report could do so much damage.
The manufacturers have been making really good direct composites for the dentists - enabling them to do nice direct resin (all the fancy "nano" technology and dense, highly polishable material"in the chair"). No temporization, easy for them and quick money. Also, the pressables inlays and new stronger materials seemed to have replaced indirect lab based resin restorations. I can't think of any lab friend or collegue doing these anymore, except one fella doing some temporary crowns with whatever material he had left that hasn't expired. Kind of a shame really.

I used to do alot of targis and belleglass back around that time, but indirect work seems nonexistent in the states.. Although here in switzerland, its the drs choice.. They like that it wears opposings naturally... Unfortunately they do stupid things like a fiber reinforced ONE WING maryland bridge on a single lower central.. Have you ever heard of such a thing?? Were remaking the one that was done 6 months ago..

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
We did alot of Sculpture/Fibrekor at the turn of the millenium. The Sculpture alone for inlays and onlays was excellent. The Fibrekor for bridges of any kind.....sucked!! Especially the marylands and inlay bridges. Great for posts !! We don't get any of those Rx's anymore .....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If they can build a space shuttle out of composite and send it to space.......it seems very feasible they can do it in the mouth.........

It would have to be much smaller but they could call it "Explorer"

:drum:

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
This might be a hard question for anyone to answer, since John Wilson
brought it up.
Is it better to fire pink opaque on a HN metal ceramic alloy before
mechanically bond the Gradia, or better to use the Gradia bonding
agent directly? I imagine the bond strength of a fired opaque to be
better and easier to repair pink porcelain without worrying about how
to opaque in the mouth after that.
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant the metal primer from Gradia.
LCM

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Sculpture was my go to die block-out material after the CRA report. Had a three lifetime supply but I did make a few nice ultra light fishing lures out of before I gave it away when I close the lab.