Gold Open Face Denture Teeth

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
I was wondering where you purchase your Gold Open Face Denture Teeth.

This is the first request we have had for them in years.

J

jkivimaki

Reaction score
We have used this brand of "teeth" and they work fine.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I seem to attract unusual requests, anterior, posteriors sometimes jewels in the anteriors, open faced, letters in them,cutouts, onlays, a glow in the dark cutout with gold border. lots of religious characters. :stoned:
Gold Natural and Denture Teeth

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
A cheaper line is Starlight . Though they are a little on the puffy-ugly side which should match some of those euro brand teeth... but don't. It's almost like they asked a C&B guy to design them. I prefer Masel myself but occasionally the docs prefer a cheaper tooth????

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
I seem to attract unusual requests, anterior, posteriors sometimes jewels in the anteriors, open faced, letters in them,cutouts, onlays, a glow in the dark cutout with gold border. lots of religious characters. :stoned:

Years ago in Baton Rouge, I made a denture with golds from #6-11...diamond on 6 and 11.....7-10 open faced with a gold letter inlaid in each....7&10 were "P"s with "I" and "M" on the centrals......:D

I rarely went a week in Louisiana without doing a gold tooth....here, I just got my first request for gold this week...

Its funny how different things can be from one market to another....Last year, when I was still in Los Angeles, I never got a gold request but I kept getting complaints that A00 looked "dingy"....I was starting to think I needed LED teeth to make them happy.

To keep it on track....Ive used starlight and masel...Im with CYNO...Masel's golds are better across the board.

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score

Same company I mentioned. You posted while I was composing.

But is it just me or does anyone else think the 'windows' on their open faced crowns are hideous?

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
To keep it on track....Ive used starlight and masel...Im with CYNO...Masel's golds are better across the board.

Unfortunately Masel (last time I checked) didn't offer this classy version:

NightShines/Glow-in-the-Dark

Starlight proudly introduces NightShines; glow-in-the-dark colored plastics! NightShines can be inserted into any of our existing open face or detailed cutout shell crowns, and can fill the design of choice of our stock plastic denture teeth. Available in 10 solid colors, 7 pastel glow-in-the-dark colors, and 5 glitter colors. Starlight can modify existing open face and specialty cutout gold denture teeth to achieve personal design requests. Our NightShines product line gives new meaning to a bright smile!

For those who want to be cool day and night.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
But is it just me or does anyone else think the 'windows' on their open faced crowns are hideous?

If you think they look bad on their website...you should see them sitting side by side with a masel open face....thats what it took to get my last lab to switch....Masel should give me a commission....or starlight should buy my silence....or maybe....BOTH :)

The worst comparison is the cuspids...its like jewelry store vs bubblegum machine.
awww.maselgold.com_patient_denture_group.gif
vs
nights_cuspid.jpg

awww.maselgold.com_patient_denture_group.gif

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
And I have yet to figure out why both companies have that little retention tag. Don't need it at all with a solid (hollow) and unless you have poor technique don't need it on the open faced ones, either. Half the time I end up cutting them off as they aren't 'set up' friendly either.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Even if I think they are all but ugly I just do what I am asked to do, and the DDS sure seems to like the lower price. I get 4-5 requests per year (mostly crosses or crescent moons). If the DDS sais this one is picky then I'll use masel or have it cast. Victory asked for a few choices, Masel & Star are about it. (the glow yellow looks freaky by the way cynosurfer)

E

edward

Reaction score
The retention tab was initially designed for the suppliers to be able to tag and price these teeth for easier storage. They were also thought to help with retention, but as we are aware there is no real retention value that these tails offer. We have tried to accommodate all the labs with their desire for the ideal tooth and in doing so have swayed away from the sharp angled edges and flat facials designed from the other source. We tried to keep the same anatomy as plastic denture teeth that we all use. Some like the new style and some don't, but we can't satisfy everyone. Check out our new site starlightmfginc.com and if you have any suggestions that might help you change your mind about our product please let us know.

H

HDL Owner

Reaction score
I have used Starlight for 30 years and never had any complaints . Well maybe one! Never put them into a shell blaster or they pit and impossible to repolish. I usually sticky wax over them first with great success, the wax pops right off when done.

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
Thanks, we used the Masels and they looked really good (if that is possible LOL)

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Looking for a North American source for the flat backing patterns used to affix Masel and other facing types to a cast partial.
Thanks in advance

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
American tooth industry used to carry the steeles facing. The backings are the same. Have not done a case that way since composite hit the market

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Here ya go Tom its called something different than I remembered

Attachments

• Imperial_Facings_Mold_Chart.pdf
    375.8 KB · Views: 35
TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
sourcing for a lab I am consulting for. Thx