GC Inital MC ceramic, becoming a real pain trying to keep it in stock. Looking for a new material that is available.

A

adl

Reaction score
I havent used the high fusing structure, maybe thats why Im having issues, the regular fires at 710 and the high fusing is basically the glaze temp, 765. It seems like they shouldve just called the regular, 'low-fusing', as it seems its more for add ons after glaze, but it sounds like the 'high fusing' is higher than glaze temp. It will be hard to pry me away from emax AO, it just fires so perfect. 95% of the time its one glaze firing for zirconia(including any contacts/additions) , I hear other labs doing 2 firings on every crown because they cant get it smooth in one... I wouldnt use miyo or insync if that were the case.
Hi fusing is a whole different animal . It handles differently as well . I just use it as a skin layer . You can polish it afterwards. You have to be pretty precise though

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I havent used the high fusing structure, maybe thats why Im having issues, the regular fires at 710 and the high fusing is basically the glaze temp, 765. It seems like they shouldve just called the regular, 'low-fusing', as it seems its more for add ons after glaze, but it sounds like the 'high fusing' is higher than glaze temp. It will be hard to pry me away from emax AO, it just fires so perfect. 95% of the time its one glaze firing for zirconia(including any contacts/additions) , I hear other labs doing 2 firings on every crown because they cant get it smooth in one... I wouldnt use miyo or insync if that were the case.
Ya, I fire all crowns twice.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Porcelain powder requires unnecessary labour in the c&b workflow now. I have a few jars of emax cream on hand but even they are collecting dust
Adding extra vowels is unnecessary labor.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Porcelain powder requires unnecessary labour in the c&b workflow now. I have a few jars of emax cream on hand but even they are collecting dust.
You use emax cream on your hands, why? :Hello: o_O

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
GC Iitial MC is becoming a real problem keeping in stock. Any one have a good replacement that is available
It is not just GC ceramics also GC microwaveable denture acrylic. They told me next shipment in Dec. Something does not smell right and I am hoping that they are not folding over as a company.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
It is not just GC ceramics also GC microwaveable denture acrylic. They told me next shipment in Dec. Something does not smell right and I am hoping that they are not folding over as a company.
Took me almost a month to get a bottle of clear zr porcelain from them.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I heard today Ace hardware had a cyberattack that messed up their internal inventory and shipping.. GC is an international company, who knows what goes on that we dont know about..

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
GC Iitial MC is becoming a real problem keeping in stock. Any one have a good replacement that is available
I have chat gpt ai open and asked your question, this is what it said (I would do you due diligence though.) :

I understand that you're facing challenges with the availability of GC Initial MC dental material. When dealing with product shortages or difficulties in obtaining specific dental materials, it's essential to consider alternative materials that can provide similar or suitable properties. Here are some potential replacement options to consider:
  1. Vita VM LC: Vita VM LC is a light-cured composite that offers excellent esthetics and is suitable for anterior and posterior restorations. It's a versatile material that can be used for a variety of cases, including crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays.
  2. Ivoclar Vivadent IPS e.max: IPS e.max is a popular lithium disilicate glass-ceramic material that provides strength and esthetics. It's commonly used for all-ceramic restorations such as crowns and veneers.
  3. 3M Lava Ultimate Restorative: Lava Ultimate is a resin-based nanoceramic material designed for CAD/CAM restorations. It offers good esthetics, durability, and is easy to work with.
  4. Dentsply Sirona Celtra Duo: Celtra Duo is a zirconia-reinforced lithium silicate ceramic. It provides a good balance of strength and esthetics, making it suitable for various dental restorations.
  5. Shofu Vintage Halo: Vintage Halo is a light-cured composite that is designed for creating highly esthetic restorations. It's known for its excellent color matching and natural appearance.
It's important to consult with your dental materials supplier and the treating dentist to ensure that the chosen replacement material is appropriate for the specific case and meets the required clinical and esthetic criteria. Additionally, it's a good practice to keep abreast of product availability as it may change over time.
Keep in mind that the choice of a replacement material should consider the patient's needs, the specific dental procedure, and the expertise of the dental team. Also, make sure to verify that the chosen alternative complies with local dental regulations and standards.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Lava Ultimate? Lol
robot fail GIF

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Lava Ultimate? Lol
robot fail GIF
Ai is great for asking for recommendations but it doesn't know the fine points of setting up a denture. I wonder if manufacturers have set up algorithms that ai picks up when asked a question? Lol I like to argue with it;)

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
It including Lava Ultimate is very illustrative of how AI is not actually a reliable or consistent resource for specialized or critical information. Whatever shows up the most in its training material ends up in the answer, and Lava is in there not because it's good, but because it's notorious. The algorithms don't actually *know* the truth or accuracy of anything, it's just a sophisticated auto-fill-as-you-type feature.
If people wanna use it as a starting point for an answer, that's fine, but if it doesn't get vetted and corrected as required by a human being it shouldn't be trusted for much of anything.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I hate to have to explain this, but everything we write on here, is teaching AI the finer points of setting up a denture.
You can teach denture basics, but there isnt a manual or a way other than actually working with dentures and dental patients/dentists for ai to be able to comprehend. I get mad at the manufacturers who are trying to force analogue techs into digital by stopping the analogue products. What they cant comprehend is the vast amount of knowledge that is about to be lost in the next few years...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
AI will have the capability to 'see' every scanned arch in the world potentially, it would know every textbook, in every language, the golden proportion would be its golden rule , it would theoretically be the most highly intelligent, efficient and capable dental technician ever. It can already paint better than the masters, in seconds.. People will either not care or embrace the technology, exactly the way IOS scanning has gone, but "Gag me with the fruity stuff instead" said no pt ever.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
AI will have the capability to 'see' every scanned arch in the world potentially, it would know every textbook, in every language, the golden proportion would be its golden rule , it would theoretically be the most highly intelligent, efficient and capable dental technician ever. It can already paint better than the masters, in seconds.. People will either not care or embrace the technology, exactly the way IOS scanning has gone, but "Gag me with the fruity stuff instead" said no pt ever.
But, does it have a heart, soul, thought, and creativity to put into its work? Into it's "shared" knowledge with the people?

Top Bottom