Functional appliances....

L

labdude

Reaction score
Does no one else make these??
Cade told me he could see a picture of something and produce it.(Bionator) I bet he hasn't made a single one yet. What about it Cade??

What I'm interested in is the various types of Herbst applinaces. I have made a few.(100s) And just recently heard from Specialty in Georgia, they make most of their cantalever entend only to the 5. Allowing for the use of mostly 17mm telescopic arms.
Anybody got any info on Herbst appliances they can share???
Mike.

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Hello
I believe that an experienced tech can produce appliances using pictures as a reference as long he is familiar with respective appliance's function and knows how it works.
Since I work at ortho-school I make all kind of functional appliances, at least one each week.
I made 5-6 Herbst appliances this year, my doctors are real cast-bands fans so I always use this version
aimg117.imageshack.us_img117_946_dscf6567ts9.jpg
aimg399.imageshack.us_img399_551_dscf6568ok0.jpg
aimg384.imageshack.us_img384_6338_dscf6570nj1.jpg
aimg383.imageshack.us_img383_1882_dscf6571bk0.jpg
aimg117.imageshack.us_img117_946_dscf6567ts9.jpg aimg399.imageshack.us_img399_551_dscf6568ok0.jpg aimg384.imageshack.us_img384_6338_dscf6570nj1.jpg aimg383.imageshack.us_img383_1882_dscf6571bk0.jpg

L

labdude

Reaction score
Thanks Teofil!
Those guys sure do like castings as you say. I have never seen it done that way before. Most of the Herbst I make are done on stainless steel crowns. At the moment, some are using bands again.
Not a great idea, but, they have us soldering a reinforcement wire to the crown part of the band. .028 wire. This does help to keep the band from shearing. I bet those cast Herbst never shear!
What kind of hinges do you use?? Dentarum??

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Yeah, when you make them like this they never break, I guess that's why they like castings.:rolleyes:
Hinges are from Dentaurum as most of components we use at school.
RPE screw is from Dentaurum too but i strongly recommend you to avoid it because it sucks:mad:.

L

labdude

Reaction score
I always wondered Teofil, is there anything I can help you to get, that isn't available in Serbia??
Like maybe some telescoping Herbst?? There are 2 different types. Hanks and Micro. I'll post pics of them later.
But what about pliers and things as well??
I got a fever now. Linda has had a bug for a week, now I got it. Just started 2 days ago. I feel as bad as my attitude is sometimes.
I'm hoping it will go fast, I'm just palin wiped out at the moment.
Mike.

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Thanks Mike but you can purchase almost anything here.
The picture of Serbia and Eastern Europe in general, as served on your TV is totally distorted,we actually live in 21 century too :)
I guess that way we are portraited serves the purpose of dehumanizing people in this area making the general US public think they are different or better in some way, thus eliminating compassion for regular people when US or Russian government play they games by destabilizing dividing line, witch is unfortunately here.
Same goes for portraiting Arabic world on US tv.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Absolutely right on Teofil.
Powers that be, do keep us suspicious of each other. All leaders everywhere try to instill the feeling of superiority over others. Fools.
I work for 2 arabic muslims, 1 Irainian. They have their racial problems here in the states with people, as well as their countrymen hating them for being here in the U.S.
2 are married to caucasian women, U.S. born and raised, that puts a death sentence on their head in the eyes of their "countrymen".
This crap has got to stop.