Fully Edentulous Scan Correlation

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on how to correlate a pre-operative intraoral scan of a full arch maxillary denture to the intraoral scan of the edentulous arch?

I'm sure there's a simple solution, but my brain is in a fog today. (More so than usual...)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Are there any frenum or any other landmarks in both scans? Does the bite scan have any similar landmarks to the edentulous scan?

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Are there any frenum or any other landmarks in both scans? Does the bite scan have any similar landmarks to the edentulous scan?
Don't know, as of yet. This is in the planning stages...

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I think if you can solve this, without some implanted fiduciary marker in the soft tissues or bone,
you would be a rich man (or woman)!
Good luck,
LCM

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
It's really not an ideal situation.

Best to bite the Bullet and use a scan appliance with markers ... Everything else is pretty well much a bad guess.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's really not an ideal situation.

Best to bite the Bullet and use a scan appliance with markers ... Everything else is pretty well much a bad guess.

scan appliance? do you have any pics Terry? How is it made?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
scan appliance? do you have any pics Terry? How is it made?
Could be a duplicated denture or custom tray/ bitesplint type of design with borosilicate glass for the radio opaque markers.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Could be a duplicated denture or custom tray/ bitesplint type of design with borosilicate glass for the radio opaque markers.

I hope he's got more than a new name for this.:(

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Maybe take a scan of the denture in the mouth and one endentulous. Did the dentist also send you a box of multiple denture models so you can pick the bests ones, and mount them the best you can ? :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm more interested in the IO scanning technique.
If the glass beads are glued to the buccal surface and scanned IO, then the same appliance used in the CT scan your golden for the matching in the implant planning software.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If the glass beads are glued to the buccal surface and scanned IO, then the same appliance used in the CT scan your golden for the matching in the implant planning software.

what if you just want to make a denture with no implants?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
what if you just want to make a denture with no implants?
At this time take an impression and do it analog or scan the casts and VDO record.Dontknow Working on some digital work flows for this, but don't have the time needed to make it happen yet.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
At this time take an impression and do it analog or scan the casts and VDO record.Dontknow Working on some digital work flows for this, but don't have the time needed to make it happen yet.

I hear you,me too. I don't see why a software upgrade that recognizes tissue markings, similar to margin marking on dies or frame design for cast partials , couldn't be possible?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I hear you,me too. I don't see why a software upgrade that recognizes tissue markings, similar to margin marking on dies or frame design for cast partials , couldn't be possible?
Probably not too far away.;)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Maybe paint some radio opaque materials on tissue then quickly take scan.