Full Arch Zirconia Training

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Hey All, I did a search and came up empty. We have been doing the typical acrylic AO4 full arches for some time now, and do a lot of large zirconia cases, but recently one of our docs is wanting to do implant supported Monolithic Full arch Zirconia cases. Can we scan/design with 3 shape? Is it a huge learning curve to pre sinter stain a full arch? What do I do??? Where do I start? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks Jim

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think CAP has the only gig. GC has some and I recommend you looking out for when Bill Marias is lecturing he is very talented.

I have been approached to put on a weekend class to show what we do in my lab and it may happen this year. We are doing 3 a week now and have the process pretty streamlined.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Bill Marais has done some videos about his technique. It can be found here or on YouTube. Solid technique. Doesn't give up all of his magic, but will give you some food for thought.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
[QUOTE="JohnWilson, post: 206910, member: 213"....I have been approached to put on a weekend class to show what we do in my lab and it may happen this year. We are doing 3 a week now and have the process pretty streamlined.[/QUOTE]

Please keep us posted. I might consider the trip to cali for something like this.

JoshuaDF

JoshuaDF

Reaction score
I think CAP has the only gig. GC has some and I recommend you looking out for when Bill Marias is lecturing he is very talented.

I have been approached to put on a weekend class to show what we do in my lab and it may happen this year. We are doing 3 a week now and have the process pretty streamlined.

I do three to four arches a day. That is our specialty is full arch screw retained monolithic zirconia.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 128
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I do three to four arches a day. That is our specialty is full arch screw retained monolithic zirconi

Thats almost unheard of volume, I thought 8 to 12 a month for us was out standing but you guys at Tischler are completing 60 arches a month? Seems incredible

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
[QUOTE="JohnWilson, post: 206910, member: 213"....I have been approached to put on a weekend class to show what we do in my lab and it may happen this year. We are doing 3 a week now and have the process pretty streamlined.

Please keep us posted. I might consider the trip to cali for something like this.[/QUOTE]

Will do bud.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Will do bud?

Sounds like a great course.Canabis

JoshuaDF

JoshuaDF

Reaction score
Yes we are doing very well at the moment with our volume. We do full cases for doctors from waxups to milled PMMAs to final product.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
spend time and pay for training at CAP. it'll be worth it's weight in gold. Also opens your eyes to production process and any chance to verbally abuse Sam is a good thing #itsallsamsfault

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
"I do three to four arches a day too !" Oh wait ! my bad , I mean single crowns :(

JoshuaDF

JoshuaDF

Reaction score
One of our all on 4 samples...Porcelain only on gingival.

Attachments

• IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 106
jmlspud

jmlspud

Reaction score

Where are you located?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ZirkonZahn do courses on this stuff around the world all the time.I cannot recommend them strongly enough, dont just have a go by yourself you will have failures and it will cost you a lot more than a few courses.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
One of our all on 4 samples...Porcelain only on gingival.
Not cleansable
For fixed going to be like diaper on a baby that you only take of once a year if that much.
Concavities and flanges on fixed very bad !
Bad breath, tissue inflammation and loss and bone loss over time will lead to failure.
Starting to see lots of failures show up now.

Last edited:
J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will definately check with cap first and go from there! Bob, I wish I was able to come out to Boston in a couple weeks but can't make it.