Foundation layer.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
What you do is get out all your kits and blow the dust off them.
Arrange all the bottles in a semi circle around your desk layering them from front to back sort to tall.
A cape is optional but helps create the artistic godlike effect you're trying to achieve here.
Now have a fellow employee take a pic of your " environment" and post it on FB.
You are now a ceramic god! Adore

View attachment 33661
Winner for the Rick Wakeman reference :)

Last edited:
Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

As long as your cte is compatable to zirconia then why not? I was using noritake czr prior to emax ceram.
I tried to use zirliner but found that gc lustre paste was far superior as a liner. So the evolution to Miyo made sense.
Now I'm full contour and regard any addition as a step backwards but sometimes necessary. crazy huh?
I understand what you mean. But I did have some de-lamination when I accidentally used glaze in the medium for staining between layers. Shocked me, but then I remembered I usually use stain/medium not glaze, stain both with the medium liquid. Glycerin was not the culprit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

I understand what you mean. But I did have some de-lamination when I accidentally used glaze in the medium for staining between layers. Shocked me, but then I remembered I usually use stain/medium not glaze, stain both with the medium liquid. Glycerin was not the culprit.
I like the granular texture I can achieve with GC lustre paste and with MIYO. I can use that to my advantage.
I don't layer as much as I used to now that we have multilayer zirconia.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

I love the idea of MIYO and from what I hear, it is an excellent product. It would be fun to experiment with its breadth of ablility. Also I like to hear reports of the Multilayered.

Oh, and for the record, we discontinued offering zirconia. I like to read up on it, and we simply do not have the volume to support owning a milling machine. I love reading this sites' use of it. I love computers and it would be fun to play CAD

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

I love the idea of MIYO and from what I hear, it is an excellent product. It would be fun to experiment with its breadth of ablility. Also I like to hear reports of the Multilayered.

Oh, and for the record, we discontinued offering zirconia. I like to read up on it, and we simply do not have the volume to support owning a milling machine. I love reading this sites' use of it. I love computers and it would be fun to play CAD
I outsource the milling as I don't own nor plan to own a mill.
There are many competitive milling centers at your disposal. Invest in a scanner instead. You will need to be in a position to receive intraoral scans for the future.
I personally like the multilayer because I found hand dipped to be inconsistent. MIYO allows you to order a basic Vita shade and customize the crown without excessive hand layering. I've developed a trick to replicate incisal translucency without firing translucent porcelain. Works on those 5M1 old folks and those 1M1 youngin's.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Lets not forget Ceramco Cerestore.. What a paper weight. However, My wife had one in her mouth for 25 years. One of maybe five crowns we actually completed and delivered.

Affinity

Affinity

The reason I never bought the miyo is because you have to buy the whole kit, Im with zero on this one.. I have so many unused jars, I think I have 3 jars of orange insync and they all look different.. none I would call orange

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

The reason I never bought the miyo is because you have to buy the whole kit, Im with zero on this one.. I have so many unused jars, I think I have 3 jars of orange insync and they all look different.. none I would call orange
who says you can't use them too?
Rick Wakeman Yes , I have a porcelain roundabout.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
You mean like this?
The 2 orange on the bottom left are Noritake ILS low fusing mamalon orange #1 and #2. To the right is emax ceram stain O (orange).
The back of the shade tab is a Vita C4. When I first got my InSync kit in I called my rep and questioned the shade and asked if anyone else had returned theirs,
and was told no, no problems to report.

20190918_155407.jpg

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom