Foundation layer.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What you do is get out all your kits and blow the dust off them.
Arrange all the bottles in a semi circle around your desk layering them from front to back sort to tall.
A cape is optional but helps create the artistic godlike effect you're trying to achieve here.
Now have a fellow employee take a pic of your " environment" and post it on FB.
You are now a ceramic god! Adore

View attachment 33661

Winner for the Rick Wakeman reference :)

Last edited:
Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
As long as your cte is compatable to zirconia then why not? I was using noritake czr prior to emax ceram.
I tried to use zirliner but found that gc lustre paste was far superior as a liner. So the evolution to Miyo made sense.
Now I'm full contour and regard any addition as a step backwards but sometimes necessary. crazy huh?
I understand what you mean. But I did have some de-lamination when I accidentally used glaze in the medium for staining between layers. Shocked me, but then I remembered I usually use stain/medium not glaze, stain both with the medium liquid. Glycerin was not the culprit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I understand what you mean. But I did have some de-lamination when I accidentally used glaze in the medium for staining between layers. Shocked me, but then I remembered I usually use stain/medium not glaze, stain both with the medium liquid. Glycerin was not the culprit.
I like the granular texture I can achieve with GC lustre paste and with MIYO. I can use that to my advantage.
I don't layer as much as I used to now that we have multilayer zirconia.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I love the idea of MIYO and from what I hear, it is an excellent product. It would be fun to experiment with its breadth of ablility. Also I like to hear reports of the Multilayered.

Oh, and for the record, we discontinued offering zirconia. I like to read up on it, and we simply do not have the volume to support owning a milling machine. I love reading this sites' use of it. I love computers and it would be fun to play CAD

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I love the idea of MIYO and from what I hear, it is an excellent product. It would be fun to experiment with its breadth of ablility. Also I like to hear reports of the Multilayered.

Oh, and for the record, we discontinued offering zirconia. I like to read up on it, and we simply do not have the volume to support owning a milling machine. I love reading this sites' use of it. I love computers and it would be fun to play CAD
I outsource the milling as I don't own nor plan to own a mill.
There are many competitive milling centers at your disposal. Invest in a scanner instead. You will need to be in a position to receive intraoral scans for the future.
I personally like the multilayer because I found hand dipped to be inconsistent. MIYO allows you to order a basic Vita shade and customize the crown without excessive hand layering. I've developed a trick to replicate incisal translucency without firing translucent porcelain. Works on those 5M1 old folks and those 1M1 youngin's.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Lets not forget Ceramco Cerestore.. What a paper weight. However, My wife had one in her mouth for 25 years. One of maybe five crowns we actually completed and delivered.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Cerestore it in the back room with the other duds.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The reason I never bought the miyo is because you have to buy the whole kit, Im with zero on this one.. I have so many unused jars, I think I have 3 jars of orange insync and they all look different.. none I would call orange

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Is that edgar winter?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The reason I never bought the miyo is because you have to buy the whole kit, Im with zero on this one.. I have so many unused jars, I think I have 3 jars of orange insync and they all look different.. none I would call orange
who says you can't use them too?
Rick Wakeman Yes , I have a porcelain roundabout.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

You mean like this?
The 2 orange on the bottom left are Noritake ILS low fusing mamalon orange #1 and #2. To the right is emax ceram stain O (orange).
The back of the shade tab is a Vita C4. When I first got my InSync kit in I called my rep and questioned the shade and asked if anyone else had returned theirs,
and was told no, no problems to report.

20190918_155407.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
wow its like making my point through telepathy..

K

KIM

Reaction score
You mean like this?
The 2 orange on the bottom left are Noritake ILS low fusing mamalon orange #1 and #2. To the right is emax ceram stain O (orange).
The back of the shade tab is a Vita C4. When I first got my InSync kit in I called my rep and questioned the shade and asked if anyone else had returned theirs,
and was told no, no problems to report.

View attachment 33737
I am just getting back from a trade show and saw this thread last night, so I will weigh in:
I got a hold of 3 jars of InSync Orange to compare each of them wet and fired: They were manufactured in 2012, 2017 and 2019.
The image of the InSync Orange that Car 54 posted above is NOWHERE in the range of "Orange" in my opinion, so point taken for sure. I will also say that the newer production jar looked more "Orange" than any of them. (See my image below). It is not uncommon to see a change in color over time with stains, especially "Wet".

MiYO Liquid Ceramic truly offers "What you see is what you get", but that is not the case with most traditional stains, including InSync. We intentionally created the refractive index of MiYO before firing to be the same after firing...

I took all 3 jars and fired them on a zirconia disc to see what happened and interestingly, they all are "Orange" after firing. My iphone didn't do the best job of showing true color but you get the picture.......So, although the jar Car54 posted looks to be more of the green color we all remember from the movie "Exorcist", my guess is that it will fire out "Orange" like ours did.

I hope that helps a bit!
K
InSync Orange.png

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
In 2012, I don't think I was using preshaded fcz crowns.
In 2019 everything is far different.

K

KIM

Reaction score
In 2012, I don't think I was using preshaded fcz crowns.
In 2019 everything is far different.
And enter.....MiYO......a material that's designed for the materials you mention above....

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
And enter.....MiYO......a material that's designed for the materials you mention above....
Miyo Clementine is just SO AWESOME!!! Not to mention Lumin Plus, Slate, Sage & Cobalt newbies!!!🙂

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Lets not forget Ceramco Cerestore.. What a paper weight. However, My wife had one in her mouth for 25 years. One of maybe five crowns we actually completed and delivered.
Went to a lecture in the 90's, Dr placed 600 Cerestore units and had 600 failures. Crazy thing is these all ceramic type units merged with today's cemetation/ bonding mediums would have done very well. The main issue was a lack of understanding " All Caramic" Quite a number of cements at the time had an expansion factor once set, total disaster for all ceramic. Super strong in compression, weak in tension. I always remember Tanaka describing this, " An egg is So strong under compression but a weak , little chick can poke its way out with ease" - tensile...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I like that RKM! I think you're on something!

Ooops, i mean "Onto something!" sorry...Dang spell check......
Forget the spell check, I want the royalty check.

Top Bottom