Flexible Dentures

D

Dr Jizzler

Reaction score
Hi There,

I was hoping for a little advice regarding flexible dentures. Our current position is that we are outsourcing at the moment and would like to bring this inhouse. The three systems I have been looking at are Valplast, Flexite and TCS.

Valplast is the name everyone thinks of when you mention flexible dentures and has a good reputation and has been around 50 odd years.

Flexite seem how have a large range of products out there e.g you can process full dentures and as an alternative to a chrome framework in some cases.

TCS from what I have been told is the young pretender to the Valplast throne with its new 4th generation flexible materials plus more coming out on the U.K market soon.

I have spoken to a few other lab owners over the subject with mixed reviews but would just like some further advice before taking the plunge.

Cheers

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
Have you looked into Duraflex?

Shawn Nowak
President
Nowak Dental Supplies inc.

Sent from my iPhone

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
With the Duraflex Flexpres you can use all of the materials you have mentioned and it is automatic, as well as programmable for most materials you have mentioned. either for each item or with a laptop you can add to your menu.
The only material the Flexite has for dentures would be MP, I would like to mention it is super super hard, even with the Flexite F3 system you will need to play with a few baseplate before you get it right. Also check your air supply if you are thinking flexite F3, now I had the M3 and it required 10bar, & was quite fussy about moisture so I actually rented an argon tank with adapters to work it. I now have the Flexipres and am so much happier. In 4 years no furnace problems & so easy to keep clean. Also takes up about half the space of my old M3.
Sol is a fine technician with a well deserved good reputation and I'm sure he has taken care of the built in furnace problems & Electronic triac, & made it easier to clean.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Duraflex machine is nice but expensive.

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
They, flexpress, are actually right in the middle on pricing. TCS being the cheapest but the flexpress is less then FRS or Valplast systems.

Shawn Nowak
President
Nowak Dental Supplies inc.

Sent from my iPhone

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We have Duraflex Flexpress. We started out using Valplast ,Comfort Flex, TCS and then we pressed some Duraflex. Once we realized we could add a clasp or a tooth so easy, we pushed all our dentist into DuraFlex. They know we can press with consistency and we can take care of it in the future. It polishes fast with the right tools and our removables have grown in sales. We are a full service but removables seem to be a growth area. "No I don't work for Duraflex ".

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ajel, What are your thoughts on 'relining' the duraflex material.

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
Relining isn't needed as often with flexibles and I'm not sure there is a way that would be more efficient than just injecting like a new partial. Its so fast and consistent.

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Any brand that can be milled?

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
I've been injecting Dura-FLex for years in my old success injection unit and using my FRS furnace. I love dura-flex , so easy to repair
, And their hotshot gun for clear clasps is the greatest thing ever. also Not a myerson or dura-flex employee

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
pressed my first duraflex today in the flexpress. Turned out really nice, except for the polishing part.. I bought the hathoflex? kit because it was all lincoln had.. but I need to try the 3M brushes that Ajel mentioned. Going to try flame polishing it tomorrow, Ill post some pics when I finish it up.

Kero, how do you repair it?

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
I repair with the hotshot gun. hot air heat up area to a tacky state then squirt on melted material from hotshot gun. good for adding teeth , clasps , ive even cut one in half and repaired it ! If you dont have gun you can use old material from previous injection ( always save those) and heat with hot air flame till melted and add to tacky repair area. this way is a little harder and takes some practice.
As for polishing use minature scotch brite brushes. progress from coarse to fine. Wet pumice. then final with water to keep cool.

rkobbe

rkobbe

Reaction score
Do you have the Dentsply Success injection system. If you do then you can use Flexstar from CMP Nobilium. They sell it in bulk and you can fill the tubes as need per case. I have a Flexite system I am not using if you are interested in it.

troutsnoggle

troutsnoggle

Reaction score
I just read this and had to add that I also use Duraflex and love it! The main reason that I chose it is because it doesn't pull in moisture so it doesn't stain. But since then I have learned to love it for it being easy to polish, easy to repair or add a tooth-clasp with the Hot Shot Gun and a flameless torch (like soldering),the clasps are adjustable with a heatless torch, and the heatless torch gives an awesome high shine. Needless to say, the heatless torch comes in handy. I also don't work for Myerson.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We use TCS, love it....sold twenty of them the first month we got the system. We are converting our Docs over from metal lower RPD's which have a very low patient compliance over to these for a few reasons. Most patients will wear a flexible on the lower, and their is some evidence that it massages the tissue (which inhibits bone loss) and lastly that flexibles are tissue supported instead of tooth supported so no rests needed and no forces on some of those lonely abutment teeth.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Flame polishing does give a great high shine, but Ive found it warps the material too easily.. I think its better just to polish it by hand.. too risky to warp a finished appliance..

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Flame polishing does give a great high shine, but Ive found it warps the material too easily.. I think its better just to polish it by hand.. too risky to warp a finished appliance..
Yup. My experience as we'll. in fact. I tend to believe that the Duraflex tends to blend better in the mouth when it is not overly shiny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Dr. Jizzler? Really?

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
I want to try injecting Duraflex with mySuccess/FRS injection equipment, I have some Duraflex sample tubes from the Chicago show last year. What is the injection psi and the flask warm up temp for the Duraflex material? I believe the melting temp is 446F for 12.5 minutes. I also have the Meyerson Thermoplastic Separator on hand.
Thanks!

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Any sample tubes I've seen come with processing instructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk