First 3Shape Case

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
Ok, New to 3Shape and this is the very first case that was thrown at me after 2 days of training
ti6.png

ti7.jpg

DSCN2687.jpg
DSCN2683.jpg

DSCN2706.jpg

I did the abutments and copings (designed at the same time) with Argen... ceram over that

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
neat.

2007 when i first got thrust into the world of 3shape, my first case was 4 3u bridges in a roundhouse. i wish i had a pic of it.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Fun stuff. You're going to love it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Good job, if you were to compare the two modalities of how you used to do these cases verses how you do them now that you purchased a scanner what would you say to the guys that are on the fence about digital?

Perhaps prior to getting the scanner in this lab the lab was sending models out or doing everything analog with different products?

I like to talk to guys that make the investment and have them admit that they wished they had transitioned sooner as it will/has change EVERYTHING in how they produce.

Congrats on your first case and the lab buying a 900:)

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
the lab i'm at has 2 more locations, 3Shape in each... they are bringing all the implants to me now, so i'm pretty excited about the fact that they are flying me everywhere for training

my second case... PMMA temps... again, ran thru Argen

DSCN2694.jpg

DSCN2696.jpg

DSCN2698.jpg

The owner of the company actually started a CAD group, so I doubt there is a fence to be on.
I've had some exposure to 3M and Sirona, but the 3shape and D900 scanner are just a work of art as far as im concerned. We have all the modules, so I imagine my life is about to drastically change. I like being hands on, so I hope I can stay in the groove im in

is it worth the cost? probably, but i'm not the money guy... i'm pretty sure it needs to run constantly to pay for itself though!

I like the idea of having all the possibilities in front of me...we just make sure it makes sense... the first case was a rush and was done with zero sleep... I literally stepped of the plane and sat down to design.... the Dr. called and said "if you screw this up you will NOT get any more of my business"... I think we charged double the rush fee for that statement, but hey, no pressure :)

Andy

Last edited:
Doug4DAL

Doug4DAL

Reaction score
PMMA Rocks !
I would do all large cases in it , have the patient where it for a couple weeks , work out all the functions and phonetics . Then copy mill.
Everyone happy happy