File storage in Exo or Medit?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Hey all, a little advice needed..
we have joined the Medit family, so now I need one more "thing" in my life, "new" to "figure out".

as a small shop, are labs using exocad or Medit Link to Log and store their files?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
exocad will not launch the Medit Scan program unless your provider installed Collab software.

so it has to be Medit link storing files and launching exocad from within Medit link instead.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
ok, which one would you recommend? also pretty sure Collab comes with the price? if not, it will in this case.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'd recommend letting Medit Link track your cases, let exocad be the integrated partner software.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
perfect. coming from you, that's exactly what I will do.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
ColLab is installed.. when launching from Exocad I can pick material settings..
when launching from Medit, I'm stuck with their default setting?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what are you launching from medit? exocad?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
yes, exocad
when I set up and scan thru the Exocad order..
when I set up the order thru Medit, I'm on their material default settings

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
in Medit Link click the CAD tab, click your crown, you'll see your indication on the right, you should have options in the list to change most things, however these are based on the generic material package that comes with all installations of exocad. to get a specific material profile or make changes to default materials you have to export your case from medit into exocad in order to do that.

generally though you'd only need/want to do that for a handful of cases that have to use things like specific material printer settings.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I set up my projects in Exocad , just how I want them. Then hit “scan with Medit for labs” . When the scan is done and processed, and it asks if I want to design , I hit “ no”. Then I just design straight from the project DB. (the scan files have been generated in there) everything is on my computer.. just where I want it! Each day when I do new scans , I go to the “work box” delete the scans from the day before. I prefer to store and back up my own files. Just my way of doing it. If I need do any projects set up on Medit Link, I just export them, and import them into Exocad after setting up the project. Just not a fan of cloud storage. Your gonna love the T- 710 , it’s an awesome scanner!

Last edited:
Top Bottom