Exocam with Sum3D -Missing Tools Error

renato

renato

Reaction score
The Exocam recognise (Sum3D) I can add the Block and place the restoration.

I did select my mill 450i, but when it start to calculate a message appears saying that there are 2 tools missing. Then it does not finish calculate the file.

Sum3d can calculate the job out of the exocad interface.

The Sum3d re-seller said it is not their problem, the Exocad dealer said the problem is on the Sum3d side.

I am trying to see exocad settings, but I cannot find anything to be configurated. Any tips or advice pointing me to a direction is welcome!

Last edited:
renato

renato

Reaction score
Anyone using Exocam?
Is there any hidden set up?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Renato my friend i think theres a folder as in any other cam called tool or tlt if there is not the wright burr inkl. its **** software is stupid either you create the tool or you get the data from your reseller . Make a contract for min one year cam support to learn !!!!

If you dont really know exactly what you do maybe you risk only a few broken burrs but you could although kill the spindel and other parts caused by a collision !!!!!

Attachments

• Schirmfoto_2016-05-18_122824.jpg
    Schirmfoto_2016-05-18_122824.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Schirmfoto_2016-05-18_123016.jpg
    Schirmfoto_2016-05-18_123016.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Schirmfoto_2016-05-18_123133.jpg
    Schirmfoto_2016-05-18_123133.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Contact the re-seller of your CAM. That's what you pay for when you purchase the software is the support!

Also, Mike Webb might could help if your re-seller cannot.

@MikeW

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
i am not sure the 3rd CAM software working with the Mill machine, because they have different coordinate .

you have to talking with the mill machine engineer if they want help you ,its not easy .

renato

renato

Reaction score
Contact the re-seller of your CAM. That's what you pay for when you purchase the software is the support!

Also, Mike Webb might could help if your re-seller cannot.

@MikeW

Sum3D's re-seller should know how to set up it, right? It should not be done on the Exocad, right?

"A dog with too many owners might starve to death"

Buying from different re-seller seemed to be fine, now I think they may play "hot potato" with me.o_O

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Yes its done in Sum in the tools folder either the tool is not in the folder or the tool has no decontrol for example finish prepline or rough u or ....
every tool has decontrol for every material and different operations if not the software tells you tool missing.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I've had something similar happen to me in the past where a tool was missing. If the file path is corrupt, then the tool

will be missing. That's a possibility. Like I said, contact the re-seller and have them support you.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Sum3D's re-seller should know how to set up it, right? It should not be done on the Exocad, right?

"A dog with too many owners might starve to death"

Buying from different re-seller seemed to be fine, now I think they may play "hot potato" with me.o_O

Yes...the re-seller should help you here. This is all about SUM not Exocad. Exocad just produces an STL with

a coordinate system. The CAM (SUM) pulls it in their software and orients the part to those specific coordinates.

Then the strategy is then imported. If the file paths are off for that specific strategy tool call-out, then yes, you

will have missing tool problems. It's more in the background of the software and should be handled by your

re-seller.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
i am not sure the 3rd CAM software working with the Mill machine, because they have different coordinate .

you have to talking with the mill machine engineer if they want help you ,its not easy .

The coordinate system is defined in SUM. You can change it to match whatever file you're bringing in, 3Shape or Exocad.

It doesn't matter. SUM has control over that in the post processor/macro.

renato

renato

Reaction score
Thank you all for the directions, the SUM guy will have a look into it, we are just waiting CIM System reply!

Cheers

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
I found that this happens as a result of Type select commands. If the script is modified so they are special commands it works. As it runs in hidden mode it seems to always choose just as a crown or the simplest version.