ExoCad BioHorizon Scan body issue

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I have been making implant models with ExoCad for awhile and everything has been going well, however I came across this issue doing a case with a BioHorizon scanbody, and wondering if there is a way to fix this. Basically the socket made by the system has a square cut out section that I would prefer to be circular, is there a way to fix this?

1660816750025.png

S

SimSimSalabim

Reaction score
I believe that square cutout is caused by the shape of the interface for the press-in analogs for the 3d printed model. In 3Shape you can delineate soft tissue from model material to preserve the mergence of tissue surrounding the abutment ~ so I presume there must be a similar function in Exocad. I would contact BioH directly for assistance with it since its driven by the library, or your Exocad reseller.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
This is a function of the software. Sim is correct. The software cuts out the entirety of the scan all the way up for the cavity of the analog. This space is created for the insertion of the analog. The software does not know to cut through the gingiva tissue. It does not know how to delineate the soft tissue (not needing the extra tissue removed from around the implant site) and the rest of the scan data. This is how the library is built and cannot be changed unfortunately.

Maybe contact your Exocad support and see if you can define the gingiva portion of the scan to be untouched by the analog channel from the library? Maybe a setting or some type of function they can change for you.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Yeah I have been scouring the ExoCad forums and the software for a result but it seems I may need to reach out to support.