Enos X5. Scanner

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the new cerec scanner. How does it compare with a Merit or 3 shape? What are the costs to get one? How is the software?

Just curious to real serious.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we had it in our lab for a demo. it's cool, and if you're a small-medium sized lab, it will probably be fine.

While it claims to be able to fit an articulator, that was not the case for me.

It 's a BIG machine, and to be frank, inLab is a very nice piece of software, but if you're into tech and modifying things and stuff like that, then I wouldn't get it.

However, if you just want something that'll work, it's ok. Plus I think you get like a $10k credit if you trade in a machine. (buy up those old piccolo scanners on the internet LOL)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No idea about the machine, but as a word of caution their rep told us point blank on our demo of the chairside cam and mill set that *all* of their software update go to the dentists months before they let labs have them. His exact phrase eludes me, but it was functionally equal to about 3-6 months. Thats a long time to tell your client you can't do something his dentist buddy who owns the system can do.

That may have changed, but it gave me a bad feeling about how they see us as clients, and concerned me about what level of support we would receive.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I like all these firms that tell you everything is fine being not able to declare in a datasheet what the scanner is abel to do in which precision. They tell something about 12 micron depending on what.Its easy to make a three dimension evaluation in maybe geomagic ,one picture tells you everything you need.For this price the scanner must be able to do 14 unit screw retained bridge and bar -but everything is revolutionary that makes me look like an alligator one eye open but only sometimes.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Let them come with the scanner in the lab make 3 scans from a prep model and evaluate the scans if they do not evaluate it I'll do it for you