Emax pricing

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
What are you charging for emax stained and layered?
I think I made a mess on my pricelist. In the beginning I did only posteriors and calculated the price by size of crown, meaning full contour crowns vs. onlays. I did that because I could not get as many crowns out of an ingot than onlays. Now I think that was stupid because the layered ones cost the same as a stained crown. ( not talking about anteriors) I would like to change it, but in oder to do that, I have to either lower the stained ones or raise the price on the layered ones. Raising the price right now is not a good idea and lowering is not something I would like to do either.
Can you guys give me a ball park on your pricing?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im on the prairie. I charge 170. Layered or stained.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
in a effort to change all of our pfm's to emax we kept the price the same minus the metal charge ($150)
we do charge more for layered anterior emax- $195

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
As a one man operation, I charge out so I profit at least $100-$125 per unit. I want to be making $65/hr for my time(thats cheap IMHO).... I bill everything on $50-75/hr for my labor depending on the procedure...

anyone else base their fees on an hr rate?

rex
-------

zvac

zvac

Reaction score
Glidewell is charging $99 plus $14 round trip shipping. Non veneered.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Glidewell is charging $99 plus $14 round trip shipping. Non veneered.

I fail to see the relevance.

If we allow ourselves to compete with glidewell that is what we will be stuck doing.

I chose to offer high quality and high quality DDS can certainly tell the difference. This is whom I want to work for.
I charge $220 for monolithic and $262 for layered. I will only do mono on posteriors. I am quite busy. As was stated in another thread if one is to charge higher prices the DDS has much higher expectations as he/she should and we had better be able to put-up or we will die.

When a DDS says " I can get these from GW for $99 I just say I'm not competing with them and suggest they send to GW" I also attempt to educate on the differences if the DDS is receptive. I want a reputation for high quality not cheap crowns. We all have to decide on what model we will follow.

zvac

zvac

Reaction score
EJADA...My non-veneered emax units are charged the same as veneered YZ at $245.
The Glidewell price quote was meant to give subrisi pricing information. Yes there are many roads to follow in our dental lab business.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
EJADA...My non-veneered emax units are charged the same as veneered YZ at $245.
The Glidewell price quote was meant to give subrisi pricing information. Yes there are many roads to follow in our dental lab business.

It's great to see quality techs willing to stand up for higher pricing. Not always an easy road. I think it's great here at DLN. We don't always feel so alone trying to produce great work and get properly compensated for our time.

C

cuspid

Reaction score
E MAX pricing

am @ $170 for press & stain & $190 layered

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
As a one man operation, I charge out so I profit at least $100-$125 per unit. I want to be making $65/hr for my time(thats cheap IMHO).... I bill everything on $50-75/hr for my labor depending on the procedure...

anyone else base their fees on an hr rate?

rex
-------

NEVER ..... your income potential will hit a ceiling very fast and then you're stuck. We're not lawyers, we're manufacturers.

M

Markyboy

Reaction score
Wow glad I am not competing with you guys. In the great white north (Canada). I am charging 330$ for full contour and 350$ for layered crowns.
Calgary is a bit oil rich. If labs around here want to discount their emax I have seen them as low as 199$ but usually just as a promotion to get dentist to try emax full contour.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Wow glad I am not competing with you guys. In the great white north (Canada). I am charging 330$ for full contour and 350$ for layered crowns.
Calgary is a bit oil rich. If labs around here want to discount their emax I have seen them as low as 199$ but usually just as a promotion to get dentist to try emax full contour.

Actualy you do, I have a guy in Calgary that sends quite a bit.

M

Markyboy

Reaction score
Actualy you do, I have a guy in Calgary that sends quite a bit.

How do you feel about other labs passing off your work as their own? Don't take me wrong I have done work for other labs and I don't see anything wrong with it. Gotta pay the bills right. I just feel like your work is the best I have seen.

Thanks for sharing, your work has inspired me to do better.
Every lab can drop their prices, not every lab can increase their quality. I think you said something like that in one of your posts.
I am going to go with that.:)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
How do you feel about other labs passing off your work as their own? Don't take me wrong I have done work for other labs and I don't see anything wrong with it. Gotta pay the bills right. I just feel like your work is the best I have seen.

Thanks for sharing, your work has inspired me to do better.
Every lab can drop their prices, not every lab can increase their quality. I think you said something like that in one of your posts.
I am going to go with that.:)

Oh no, not a lab, a Dr that I met at a course at Pankey.
I think there is alot of work crossing the border both ways.
ESP when the dollar gets low.

M

Markyboy

Reaction score
Sorry I misunderstood.

Yes as of right now the CAD is higher than the USD. Crazy world.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Sorry I misunderstood.

Yes as of right now the CAD is higher than the USD. Crazy world.

I have a feeling there will be some bartering later this summer. Crown for a basket of veggies? I know theres a lab or two from Greece on here; hows the prices for you guys?

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I seem to be right in the ballpark...

$169 for monolithic, $199 for layered. Add $75 for a custom shade if needed.

T

technicsdental

Reaction score
We are charging $159 for posteriors and $200 for anteriors

Top Bottom