Emax investments

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Hi Guys,Yhanks to your help i am cruising with my Emax now,pressings and ceramic!My whip mix as still a bit up and down with temps{some have a thicker reaction layer than others]but mostly very happy.
I may be a abit mad,now that i have everything running smoooooothly,but fair dinkum,the press vest speed is $11.50 oz a packet plus liquid.I use Fujivest plus for my gold,and have used quad vest for OPC in the past.
I have seen some of you use Whip mix F1,but cant get any here in WA.Any Ideas??

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
I use Allvest.
For np metal, gold and press. very satisfied. 3 kg and liquid for 30$ .
Fast, ringless , never seen any cracks in emax press.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I use microstar hs for everything. Pfc ,gold crowns, empress esthetic and emax.
Never had a problem, very rarely do I get any internal bubbles.
Margins are sharp and fits are great.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hi Guys,Yhanks to your help i am cruising with my Emax now,pressings and ceramic!My whip mix as still a bit up and down with temps{some have a thicker reaction layer than others]but mostly very happy.
I may be a abit mad,now that i have everything running smoooooothly,but fair dinkum,the press vest speed is $11.50 oz a packet plus liquid.I use Fujivest plus for my gold,and have used quad vest for OPC in the past.
I have seen some of you use Whip mix F1,but cant get any here in WA.Any Ideas??

something is wrong there. $11.50 per pack!? I just looked in the catalog and full price without any discount (WITH liquid) divides out at $3.52. A case of press vest regular or speed full cost is $142.75 + liquid $33 divided by 50 (bags of investment per case) is $3.52 and that is without any volume discount. look into that because something is up. if you can get that fixed and get good reaction layers that save you time in the lab then it is a "win-win".

doug

doug

Reaction score
We use Microstar and everything goes through the Aqua Spense ll and VPN2 for measure and mix. I'll have to check on the price, I think it's a little over or close to $1.40 a pack of 100gram. Fast fire or slow over night we get great results.

P

protek25

Reaction score
Vacalon Z4

Has anyone here had any experience with Vacalon N&V Z4 investment? I've used it with other pressables (and all metals) with good results. Can be placed in furnace after 15 minutes, or 15 hours...hot or cold. It divests easily. What about it? works out to about 1.60 a pack including liquid from Zahn.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here had any experience with Vacalon N&V Z4 investment? I've used it with other pressables (and all metals) with good results. Can be placed in furnace after 15 minutes, or 15 hours...hot or cold. It divests easily. What about it? works out to about 1.60 a pack including liquid from Zahn.

I've used it in the past....I think the owner's name is Brian, I met him back in the day. It's a very nice product, never had an issue with it and I used it for everything (but this was before e.max days).

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Is anyone using or has anyone used Henry Schein HS Vest successfully for emax?

P

protek25

Reaction score
try the Vacalon N&V Zr. I keep coming back to it, and it works very well. No problem with when you put it in the oven, and doesn't matter if it is cold, or hot. Water /liquid ratios that work for me.......gold--16 Liquid/8 water
SP 15/9, NP and Press 20/4

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Is anyone using or has anyone used Henry Schein HS Vest successfully for emax?

I use it for metal and am VERY satisfied. I did do a couple of pressing and got "finning". They looked like check lines that are permanant. Now, my buddy is using it with his Ivoclar oven and is happy. I use a ProPress100. I've changed the program to a shorter press time but have not tried the HS since then. I'm thinking since the Ivoclar oven knows when to stop that could be the difference.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Finning is usually a result of too little bench-set time. I had this issue in the past especially with 300g rings, we used 15/1 for 100g rings but the larger rings went 20/3. This is where the first number is the time to set inside the ring(in minutes) and the second is bench set outside the ring. These investments are very similar in composition(all the speed investments) and will usually perform well when used correctly.(not saying you aren't) I would start with bench set, pressure settings on the press and lastly ratios. Good luck and if the problem doesn't go away call the mnfg's or switch investment. Ivoclar will tell you they aren't sure cause it's not their investment, so it will be up to Schein.

D

dbinder4u

Reaction score
E.Max issues

I have been using E.max for about 1 year now & it has become the most profitable restoration in my lab but not without much frustration starting out. First of all, Ivoclar sales people will tell you that any press will work. This is nonsense. I had been using a Ney Cerampress for years doing Cerapress with very good results. When I first tried pressing E.max with the recommended temps & press times from my salesman, I got a spru with a button attached to a rounded Jolly Rancher. After playing with times, temps, holding times and thoughts of suicide after burning through $300 have worth of pellets. I finally broke down and purchased the EP5000. The best decision I ever made. This Lithium Disilicate is a very sensitive material comparable to nothing in the porcelain we are all familiar with. After almost 300 press cycles with the EP5000 , I can honestly say that I cannot remember having ever to re-wax a crown. One time, I did have a unit break free from the spru during the investing but that was pilot error. I have tried Formula 1 with limited success but do yourself a favor & spend a little more money for Ivoclar Pressvest. It works superbly for E.max with a very small reaction layer. I also do many Press to metal restorations and a cheaper investment works fine for that. Happy Pressing!