Emax ingot amount ?

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
just make sure they are from the same lot #.

Doug

Sorry

Don't tell this to labs

The info is totally wrong because Lithium disilicate Ingots like e.max create a reaction layer beween the ingots depending on investment and other influences.

Don't do it and it's not true that Ivoclar said you can press 2 ingots in the same ring.

I don't understand why you are giving such a comment.

I hope this is helping you in your lab.

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
We did it a few times with no problem, using ivoclar ep3000.

It has nothing to do with the oven. zero

It's a Lithium Disilicate reaction problem. Stop doing it.

I hope a Dentist did not see your comment.

Ivoclar knows why they say only one ingot

user name

user name

Reaction score
Kurt...How is using two ingots any different than when a properly sprued bridge is pressed with a large ingot, the soft lithium dissilicate enters the mold and the two masses meet in the pontic?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
One of the biggest labs here in Washington State doesn't even have large ingots. They do everyhting with two ingots. Really scary. I know this for fact, because I order my ingots through them ( get a better price and no shipping) When I need large ingots, I have to order them from Ivoclar direct. Just because you can do it ( physically) doesn't mean it is a good idea. Microcsopically you will see a seam and you create an fraction line.
One thing please keep in mind. If you use a large ingot, do not try to press 2 grams of wax. It does not work. the large ingot is the size of two small ones. When you can press 0.75 gram per small ingot you should be only be able to press 1.5g with a large ingot. I had several miss presses due to lack of material. I dialed it down to 1.8 as an absolute maximum amount. This leaves a paper thin button. Also if you push the wax weight to the limit, weigh the ingots. There is quite a discrepancy in the weight of individual ingots.