Emax ingot amount ?

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
the ivoclar book states that in a 200 gram ring you can press with a small or a large ingot. We dont have any large ingots- can i press with 2 small ingots in a 200 gram ring

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Greg, its not recommended, but you can. You may have to compensate for the larger mass of material and ring.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Greg, its not recommended, but you can. You may have to compensate for the larger mass of material and ring.

thank you- if it is not recommended then i am not going to try it,
just press 1 extra 100 gram ring a be on the safe side

C

charles007

Reaction score
When I took the emax course in 08, we were told you can use 2 small ingots using Ivoclar ovens ! but not 2 large ingots......
So many techs are saying you can't, what's the deal ?
Has anyone used 2 small ingots yet ? I have both small and large ingots and haven't had any reason to use 2 small ingots yet.........

doug

doug

Reaction score
just make sure they are from the same lot #.

user name

user name

Reaction score
When you sprue an e.max bridge we use 2 sprues so the two separate masses of goo meet in the middle of the pontic rather than spruing all three units that would cause the material to meet at the connectors. You can see the line in the pontic...very faint, but its there. Youve got to assume its a weak point, thats why they dont want it in the connections. Im sure you could sprue individual units and invest them together and press with two small ingots, but do you want to risk getting a line across a crown?

C

cdt54

Reaction score
Emax

the ivoclar book states that in a 200 gram ring you can press with a small or a large ingot. We dont have any large ingots- can i press with 2 small ingots in a 200 gram ring

Yes you can.I do it all the time.2 ingots for a 200 gm ring.One ingot for a 100 gram ring.You must weigh the wax ups with the sprus.Use Ivocclar's guide lines.They work

keithw@vodamail.co.za

[email protected]

Reaction score
I pressed 2 small ingots at same time as was just over the wax weight for 1 ingot and did not want to duff my first pressed crowns due to lack of material, came out fine, spoke to rep who said not reccommended but seems is done quite often.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
We did it a few times with no problem, using ivoclar ep3000.

T

Tooth Geek

Reaction score
You can actually get away with 0.9g wax weight (manual states 0.8g) using a small ingot leaving a tiny button ~1mm thick.
....living dangerously!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I haven't used the large ingots in over a year. pressing 2 small ingots in a large ring has never caused us a problem.

Username, thanks for explaining why you should use just 2 sprues instead of 3. Always wondered why and now I know, thanks!

Badgerdental

Badgerdental

Reaction score
Does anyone use an old button to make sure you use all the fresh ingot material?

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have done that with no problems.

M

maxi

Reaction score
You can actually get away with 0.9g wax weight (manual states 0.8g) using a small ingot leaving a tiny button ~1mm thick.
....living dangerously!

We have pressed a few times now in a 200g ring ,the wax patterns been 0.9 g using a small ingot with no problem

ZOOMAN

ZOOMAN

MadCap Member
Reaction score
You are not supposed to use more than one ingot per ring. My understanding is that the ingots do not always fuse together completely and you can have fracturing. Call Ivoclar.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
where does it say 0.8 g ?? In my book it says 0.75g. I did 0.83g max and got scared to do more than that. The button was paper thin. In case your ring is over full, make sure you weigh the ingots. There is quite a difference in weight. 2,85g to 3,18g. I keep the larger ingots for those borderline cases.

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score

No you can't

No question Ivoclar says no.

But why? Not because Ivoclar wanna sell those bigger ingots and making more profit - No - No - No

Because, when you press e.max (Lithium Disilicate Ceramic) The ceramic is not mixing 100% - when you press you can see sometimes the border of the 2 ingots and this is a problem of strenght.

Because of Investment there is a reaction between the 2 ingots and its not melting together like when you press leucite ceramic.

It's a total different ball game.

Don't do it the restorations can break in the mouth.

Ivoclar is right and please don't do it and follow instructions.

You have to have stock in 6gr ingots and when you press organized in your lab you can use every gr of the ingot just put more crowns together in one ring that there is no waste of material.

The same happens when you press used buttons.

What you can do is when you have to press one inlay or one veneer, then cut the 3gr. ingot in half and take care that there is no dust or scrap on the ingot.

This works if you wanna save ingot gr.

So whatever labs telling you that it works they did it several times it does not work and in the long run you get the receipt.

I hope the discussion is finished

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
You are not supposed to use more than one ingot per ring. My understanding is that the ingots do not always fuse together completely and you can have fracturing. Call Ivoclar.

You are right

Don't press with two 3gr. ingots

No, you can't

No question Ivoclar says no.

But why? Not because Ivoclar wanna sell those bigger ingots and making more profit - No - No - No

Because, when you press e.max (Lithium Disilicate Ceramic) The ceramic is not mixing 100% - when you press you can see sometimes the border of the 2 ingots and this is a problem of strenght.

Because of Investment there is a reaction between the 2 ingots and its not melting together like when you press leucite ceramic.

It's a total different ball game.

Don't do it the restorations can break in the mouth.

Ivoclar is right and please don't do it and follow instructions.

You have to have stock in 6gr ingots and when you press organized in your lab you can use every gr of the ingot just put more crowns together in one ring that there is no waste of material.

The same happens when you press used buttons.

What you can do is when you have to press one inlay or one veneer, then cut the 3gr. ingot in half and take care that there is no dust or scrap on the ingot.

This works if you wanna save ingot gr.

So whatever labs telling you that it works they did it several times it does not work and in the long run you get the receipt.

I hope the discussion is finished

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
Does anyone use an old button to make sure you use all the fresh ingot material?

Only fresh ingot material - only

Read other comments please don't do what some lab technician do because of they think it works.

Because of different reaction layer those used ingots are not melting together. You never ever reach the flexural strenght like with a fresh ingot.