Emax Press Multi

J

jms804

Reaction score
Just curious as to where Emax Multi Press falls in regard to type of ingot.
I know it’s multi layered, but is it considered LT, MT, etc. or is it a combination like zirconia.
Thanks,
Jack

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i dont know anyone using it so i cant help sorry its a good question

Chiolo C

Chiolo C

Reaction score
I know it’s multi layered, but is it considered LT, MT, etc. or is it a combination like zirconia.
Thanks,
Jack
We have used E-max Multi for a short period, just similay to Emax LT MT, only the sprue need full wide as crown to keep press different layers in the correct parts. Nothing better than making cut back with LT MT.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I used emax multi for quite a while. It was a somewhat difficult learning curve to get the odd sprue correct, but produced a nice gradient when done correctly. IMO it ran from LT in the gingival to HT in the incisal. Placement of the restoration compared the sprue is critical in getting the result you want.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks,
Jack
We use it almost exclusively, when asked to do e.max monolithic, especially in the anterior segment. Its 'quick and easy'... Especially when designing it digitally and milling it in wax. We tried printing, but I didn't like the result.

As I understand it, it is a blend of LT, MT and HT. LT for cervical and HT towards the incisal.

But, it has become a bit pricy... And pressing can be a pain, at times. At the moment we use Ivoclar's Press Vest, again. For years we used JP Vest, but lately we had issues.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I used it for a bit but spruing it became very tedious and if you ain't bang on every time...say hello to Miss Misspress for me. We went back to cutback because we can design the cutback and mill the e.max or LiSi and delete the pressing issues and allows us to add intrinsic coloring with the micro cutback when those type of cases come through the door. Kudos to the fella's that do use it regularly, better spruer's than me.

J

jms804

Reaction score
We use it almost exclusively, when asked to do e.max monolithic, especially in the anterior segment. Its 'quick and easy'... Especially when designing it digitally and milling it in wax. We tried printing, but I didn't like the result.

As I understand it, it is a blend of LT, MT and HT. LT for cervical and HT towards the incisal.

But, it has become a bit pricy... And pressing can be a pain, at times. At the moment we use Ivoclar's Press Vest, again. For years we used JP Vest, but lately we had issues.
Thanks for the info. Talked to Ivoclar today. My understanding it’s a LT blended into the MT. I was asking because sometimes I want a bit more masking in the gingival area.

J

jms804

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Talked to Ivoclar today. My understanding it’s a LT blended into the MT. I was asking because sometimes I want a bit more masking in the gingival area.
Also it may very well have HT in the incisal. Again, I was wanting to use it for a little more masking in the gingival.
Thanks for responding,
Jack

Top Bottom