Emax glazing

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
I understand that all furnaces fire differently, but would appreciate help with the following:

- what's the best technique for finishing off emax ( monolithic or with incisal cutback)?
- temperature used for glazing and material
- finally finishing with silicone rubbers

trying not to loose the detail on the crowns and not having a very high or thick glaze

thanks in advance

Z

ztech

Reaction score
For the emax that is layered I use the 2nd bake as my glaze cycle. Then lightly polish to get the luster that I want. I glaze the emax portion before I layer then lightly polish it also. I glaze monolithic emax at the recommended temp and polish.

K

KIM

Reaction score
I understand that all furnaces fire differently, but would appreciate help with the following:

- what's the best technique for finishing off emax ( monolithic or with incisal cutback)?
- temperature used for glazing and material
- finally finishing with silicone rubbers

trying not to loose the detail on the crowns and not having a very high or thick glaze

thanks in advance
Have you tried InSync glaze?

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We fire the crystal glaze cycle and then gc glaze. It is a sure way to not have a bubble looking texture.

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, what glaze liquids/pastes allow surface texture to be kept intact.

Lustre Paste is very thick and you loose surface detail easily

Emax glaze requires two firings I find..also fairly thick, is Insync better?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, what glaze liquids/pastes allow surface texture to be kept intact.

Lustre Paste is very thick and you loose surface detail easily

Emax glaze requires two firings I find..also fairly thick, is Insync better?
I love InSync. I thin it quite a bit if I want to kep surface texture in tact. Sometimes Ill use it thick to create texture. If you feel you need to glaze and fire twice with e.max glaze, Im guessing you want a pretty good gloss, but youre using the older glaze in the syringe? I think the newer Ivocolor glaze is super high gloss in a very thin coat.

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
I love InSync. I thin it quite a bit if I want to kep surface texture in tact. Sometimes Ill use it thick to create texture. If you feel you need to glaze and fire twice with e.max glaze, Im guessing you want a pretty good gloss, but youre using the older glaze in the syringe? I think the newer Ivocolor glaze is super high gloss in a very thin coat.

Yes, the old syringe type, its nearly finished, hence the questions

Some dentists want a really high glaze and I do that, but with anteriors, prefer not to

Am asking about InSync, but they dont have any suppliers in Europe, so see what the cost are for transport...

K

KIM

Reaction score
Yes, the old syringe type, its nearly finished, hence the questions

Some dentists want a really high glaze and I do that, but with anteriors, prefer not to

Am asking about InSync, but they dont have any suppliers in Europe, so see what the cost are for transport...
Where are you located? I will do some homework for you!