Emax LT still too grey - next steps?

P

Pictodent-SW18

Reaction score
Hi there,
we just got a case back where we were basically trying to get a shade similar to A1 LT.
It's an Emax CAD A1 LT, with some incisal cutback/layering with emax ceram, on a custom Ti abutment which was covered with white masking tape for the photo. I really don't get how emax LT could drop in value by so much. The shape is good.
The next step for us would be to try MO, but which one? Would you go MO0 or MO1?
How would you do it?
Edit: Forgot to add - thickness buccally is quite generous, 1.8-2mm

Attachments

• AQ2.JPG
    AQ2.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 84
  • AQ1.JPG
    AQ1.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 75
user name

user name

Reaction score
Ti abut?

Id do a Jensen XT anatomical coping, use Changs White Opak on the intagleo and press over with ZirPress A-1.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
It is my experience, too. E.max LT and even Zr pick up the grayness of the Ti abutments or metal posts. It doesn't matter if it is yellow coated or not. MO will give you a better chance. But I have 'gone back' to pfm in difficult cases. Much easier to shade match... Vroam

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use argen Z Ht+ over an anodized custom ti abutment cemented with Multilink abutment cement HO

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I use argen Z Ht+ over an anodized custom ti abutment cemented with Multilink abutment cement HO
That works well for screw retained. But if you do cement retained, over a post and core, fore example, you need something else. I like Multilink HO. It blocks out pretty much everything. But I don't think it is 'approved' for intra oral cementation.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Shape is very good, but I never do single front on a TI abutment.
Don`t wanna have this trouble. I only go on Zi with Ti-base and this is trouble enough.
just my 2 cent

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That works well for screw retained. But if you do cement retained, over a post and core, fore example, you need something else. I like Multilink HO. It blocks out pretty much everything. But I don't think it is 'approved' for intra oral cementation.
I never do a cement retained anymore.

B

Beach Bum

Reaction score
It's probably too late to go with a zirconia abutment, only thing I can think of to be an easy fix might be some high opacity cement.

B

Beach Bum

Reaction score
In the past I have had to press with a bleach shade and then layer a porcelain on it to get that bright white underneath the porcelain. It's always easier to stain darker then try to go lighter.

Top Bottom