efficiency of dental laboratory's in USA & Canada

amer84

amer84

Reaction score
I'm thinking about moving to Canada or USA
And I have some questions about dental laboratory trade market there.
My friend told me, that his career is down and down thanks to china laboratories invasion to US
and too many technician leaving there jobs and looking to another career
Any body can give me a view about that ?!

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
really depends where you go. usually small labs like to work with local practices and develop good working relationships, however when the dentists start disliking your work or your prices they might have very little recourse but to go to a chinese lab because of the lack of other local lab competition. after all, its easier to do that than send to some other city or state, due to the laws in place in the usa. for example; i will never ever see some work from some of the states in the south, because it is against the law to do business with them. and that's kind of sad. those dentists and labs might be able to benefit from my services but i can't reach them.

in Canada it is a little different story; i can do business wherever i want as long as it profits me to do so. that means getting my name out and doing a lot of leg work to little local spots throughout the rural areas that do big cases or need complex case work or are excited for newer avenues of technology. selling/leasing trios' to them is a great way both to introduce this to them, and save on shipping at the same time.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
go with whoever will give you a visa... not so easy here in the US. you will have to find a job first that can show that theres no one else that can do the same job as you.

I went through the same thing in Europe trying to get a job with ivoclar.. hometeam always wins..

However, I would go to canada before the US, for sure.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
really depends where you go. usually small labs like to work with local practices and develop good working relationships, however when the dentists start disliking your work or your prices they might have very little recourse but to go to a chinese lab because of the lack of other local lab competition. after all, its easier to do that than send to some other city or state, due to the laws in place in the usa. for example; i will never ever see some work from some of the states in the south, because it is against the law to do business with them. and that's kind of sad. those dentists and labs might be able to benefit from my services but i can't reach them.

in Canada it is a little different story; i can do business wherever i want as long as it profits me to do so. that means getting my name out and doing a lot of leg work to little local spots throughout the rural areas that do big cases or need complex case work or are excited for newer avenues of technology. selling/leasing trios' to them is a great way both to introduce this to them, and save on shipping at the same time.

I am almost as south as it goes, We use a Canadian lab for certain C+B?

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
i forget the name of the particular state off the top of my head

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Well if its just one or two states I wouldn't concern yourself with it.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Mind ya, there is perpetual winter up here, we live in igloos, drive dog sleds, eat seal blubber and keep polar bears and moose as pets, eh! :D
Something definitely wrong with you guys!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My polar bear just died of heat stroke.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
zero, Im about an hour from BC and all the tourists come down here with BIG money for their dentistry and walmart needs.. I can spot a canuck a mile away! Generally they look like this:
bearlake08001.jpg

or this:

IMG_4058_zpsd704694b.jpg

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i want to be one of those guys it looks like fun and very bright.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
don't, you have to wear socks and flipflops and drink diet drinks and bench dozens of pounds.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
zero, Im about an hour from BC and all the tourists come down here with BIG money for their dentistry and walmart needs.. I can spot a canuck a mile away! Generally they look like this:
bearlake08001.jpg

or this:

IMG_4058_zpsd704694b.jpg

Must be some fellow Albertans...in BC you're not allowed to tandem pull the toys...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
yeah lots of alberta oil money down here..

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Don't you guys have enough snow up there already??

Top Bottom