Opening a Dental Lab

D

DentalTech5678

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am currently living in Canada but will be moving to Saudi Arabia in about a year or two. I am looking into opening my own dental laboratory there. Does anyone have any info on requirements needed to startup?
Thanks,
DT

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think theres some members here in the middle east, but maybe a more focused heading would attract their attention.

Whats your plan? Are you on a base? I know a Dr that worked over there for a few years, but if youre starting a lab up in a new country, expect a huge learning curve.. it sounds like you dont know much about the lab industry over there? Surely there has to be a lab association over there that can answer questions.

DentalArt

DentalArt

Reaction score
KSA is very different case than opening a lab in US or Canada, the reglamations also change depending on the city. Which one you have in mind? I have friends who had gone through this, be prepared for lots of paperwork and headache, but it is not a mission impossible.

D

DentalTech5678

Reaction score
I think theres some members here in the middle east, but maybe a more focused heading would attract their attention.

Whats your plan? Are you on a base? I know a Dr that worked over there for a few years, but if youre starting a lab up in a new country, expect a huge learning curve.. it sounds like you dont know much about the lab industry over there? Surely there has to be a lab association over there that can answer questions.
Oh, for sure. I don't expect anything but a huge learning curve for sure. I'm asking here in case someone has gone through something similar (im sure afew have). I know regulations/laws are very different, market and trends. I've been looking into all these. At first I was thinking Dubai, however, upon further research and talking to relatives, the dental industry is very competitive. However, in KSA (Riyadh specifically) the market is not as competitive but is expecting to grow significantly as KSA is planning on becoming much like the EAU. My plan is to get set up before the market becomes too completive.
Thanks for the reply

D

DentalTech5678

Reaction score
KSA is very different case than opening a lab in US or Canada, the reglamations also change depending on the city. Which one you have in mind? I have friends who had gone through this, be prepared for lots of paperwork and headache, but it is not a mission impossible.
I'm looking into Riyadh. I have actually been looking into business startup companies that get this all done for you for a fee. (I know, be careful of which companies to trust lol).

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I only have experience opening a lab in europe, and Ill just say be prepared for anything. Be prepared that no one gives a flip about your canadian skills or experience, be prepared to have deals broken, be prepared to be an outsider...

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I only have experience opening a lab in europe, and Ill just say be prepared for anything. Be prepared that no one gives a flip about your canadian skills or experience, be prepared to have deals broken, be prepared to be an outsider...
What are "canadian skills" ?

L

LeoMA

Reaction score
I'm also opening a Lab and I would love to chat about your experience opening a Lab in Europe. Could we connect on a quick call to give you some context?

L

LeoMA

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am currently living in Canada but will be moving to Saudi Arabia in about a year or two. I am looking into opening my own dental laboratory there. Does anyone have any info on requirements needed to startup?
Thanks,
DT
I'm also opening a Lab and I would love to chat about your experience opening a Lab. Could we connect on a quick call to exchange ideas?