Eclipse denture system

B

baylorboy

Reaction score
hi everyone, i am new to this forum and its great to know how everyone here is discussing and talking about things so constructively ... :D

I am seeking your experiences about eclipse denture system, i am planning to buy this system and start working as i know few dentists coming up with queries about this.

i`ll be greatfull if some of you could spare some time to talk about :-

1.Does it really saves time?

2.If yes then clinically or just in the lab?

3.The quality is good/ bad or same as conventional acrylics.
by quality i mean life of denture, polish or finish.

4. It is instructed not to use flame for softening the resin, but electric spatulas can be used, warm bath is better or electric spatulas?

5. once we have put contour resin over the set up resin can the teeth arrangement still be or altered?

Thanks your time and effort is appreciated :)

B

baylorboy

Reaction score
what i could get from searching few old posts was few had issues about porosities, some said its not worth the expenditure.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
we've done several Eclipse dentures...... don't do em anymore. Teeth were poppin out....they have a bonding agent now , but the material got a bad name in the meantime. we still use the clear material for orthotics..... works great for that.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, tell us about yourself, where you are located at, how long you are a technician.
Light cure is open matrix material and must be sealed, once it is cured it is hard the teeth cannot easily be moved, I mean you could grind them out (maybe they pop out) and put new ones in. I do not have the system, a few friends had it, sold on ebay. what I have heard is that bonding is still an issue, as are material separation & fractures. It always seemed to be an ideal system for ortho though. If they had colors could you imagine the patterns that could be done as long as they bonded.
bobby is it strong enough for a RPE? Or do you mostly use it for hawleys or something with a simple spring>

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I bet he does LVI's with it. seems it would be fast and easy for those bastards

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
eclipse denture system....

another extremely overpriced, extremely dumb idea from a slave labor loving company called dentsply.
the original grand plan was to market it to the dr's so they can make their own dentures and bypass the lab.
it really is junk.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Yea DD any one else remember the Triad arch form teeth & triad articulator, Johnn note the HID setup plate. Look a little like the Acculiner mounting? I think I got these in 1982. Densply had a no return policy I wonder why, but at least it was made in USA back then.:)
triadteeth.jpg
[/IMG]

OK so I dug in the crawl space but I had just seen this thing when I was looking for my ancient Hanau facebow. I think the last time I used it was for some nursing home cases back in Oh OH.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
Yea. Lol.. I had the exact same crap in the lab for a while back in the 80's.. complete garbage. Aww the good ole days... :rolleyes:

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
I AM NOT AN LVI guy !!!!! My flag is DENTA4........Airway, Jaw Joint, Muscles, Teeth......the harmony of Health for Dentistry.

We use Eclipse for creating orthotics of various designs for many different purposes.

AJEL.....we don't do ortho, so I couldn't comment on it's use for those appliances.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I AM NOT AN LVI guy !!!!! My flag is DENTA4........Airway, Jaw Joint, Muscles, Teeth......the harmony of Health for Dentistry.

We use Eclipse for creating orthotics of various designs for many different purposes.

AJEL.....we don't do ortho, so I couldn't comment on it's use for those appliances.

HEHEHEH looks like I struck a nerve :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yea DD any one else remember the Triad arch form teeth & triad articulator, Johnn note the HID setup plate. Look a little like the Acculiner mounting? I think I got these in 1982. Densply had a no return policy I wonder why, but at least it was made in USA back then.:)
triadteeth.jpg
[/IMG]

OK so I dug in the crawl space but I had just seen this thing when I was looking for my ancient Hanau facebow. I think the last time I used it was for some nursing home cases back in Oh OH.

I can remember the Dentsply reps face when he came all excited to the lab with this new concoction back in the 80's. I just picked up his samples he was so proud of and threw them in the trash and said "This is where they belong"

Only way I got away with that is that he sold me grip stock the week prior, oh good times :)

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Porosity and debonding issues were an issue for a while early on, but we had a trainer come back in, and we got back on the straight and narrow. I like the material, and we use it quite a bit. Nightguards are great with it, flippers, and partials. I also like it processed onto more complex implant restorations so I don't have to pack them.

D

DENTBOSS

Reaction score
Eclipse not really great for a production lab, the set up person must cut diatorics and waxes had trouble converting to electric,,, but we got it working, then bonding issues. Still makes great flippers fast, splints etc.

D

DENTBOSS

Reaction score
Eclipse not really great for a production lab, the set up person must cut diatorics and waxes had trouble converting to electric,,, but we got it working, then bonding issues. Still makes great flippers fast, splints etc.

Top Bottom