E.max Cad Shade Help

C

crdl

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for some advice on what block/ingot to use on a full contour #3 e.max crown. The desired shade is 0M3, but the tooth has a core shade of "ND amalgam"!

I suggested a Lava coping but this particular Dr. has had a recent rash of problems with Lava (which is why he is now working with me, and not his old lab),and has stopped using it all toghether.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Unless you have at least 2mm clearance nothing will cover amalgam. I would think about going with BL3 LT if you do have the room because LT has some masking properties in it where you can get away with covering the amalgam.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for some advice on what block/ingot to use on a full contour #3 e.max crown. The desired shade is 0M3, but the tooth has a core shade of "ND amalgam"!

I suggested a Lava coping but this particular Dr. has had a recent rash of problems with Lava (which is why he is now working with me, and not his old lab),and has stopped using it all toghether.

with the amalgam being the largest hurdle in this case, i would use the HO0 ingot. wax a nicely supported substructure then for the wash fire i would wet the pressed HO0 with glaze liquid and do a sprinkle technique with some emax dentin BL3. i would finish off the case with another bake with BL3 and the incisal bleach (BL). you could also use emax dentin BL2 if you dont have BL3. (OM3 matches up close with BL2/BL3. make sure you use the incisal bleach porcelain for the overlay). nothing will get through the HO0 core and the case should look great.

C

crdl

Reaction score
Great! Thanks guys! I'll let you know how it comes out!

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Hello,

#3? I would suggest BruxZir

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
No sir. the HO is only available in the press ingot (HO0, HO1 & HO2).

I didn't think so Six, that's why I suggested a LT ingot because I think the original poster wanted a Cad option.