e.Max- achieving the correct shade at try -in and insert!

C

Cerami Art

Reaction score
I have an issue where despite choosing the correct pressing ingot in relation to the chart and making a stump guide to match, we have a client who sends everything back after try in to say that the resorations shade is incorrect!
Is there a specific protocol at try in that will allow the shade to appear correct? I was once told that you need to have a liquid, try in paste or even water on the fitting surface of the restoration for the true shade to appear.
We have a particular case , two centrals, one a veneer which has been bonded and looks fantastic, the second central is a full crown with a dark stump. We have re made this crown 5 or 6 times and have even made a block out coping with a bonded veneer the same shade as the other veneer and the message is always the same- does not match. The prep currently has been completely blocked out and is creamy white, but the new crown (D2 the same shade the original veneer was done in) has been returned again- does not match! Can anyone help?

M

mcfly

Reaction score
You can have your client try in crown with glycerine gel that will allow for exact colour to come through .
http://www.dt-shop.com/index.php?id=22&L=01&artnr=03863HV1&aw=226&pg=13.
What ingot did you using for the veneer and crown (Thickness of each)?
You are going to have difficulty matching exactly with one being a full crown and the other a venner if they vary in thickness and underlying tooth structures are different .

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
If you have the thickness use ho1 as a coping and layer it, second option change the dentist.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
i would do a zirpress the same shade as the veneer if it is LT. They shades are pretty spot on between the materials in the mouth.