E-Max cad cost vs Pressing cost

L

lucky54

Reaction score
If the mill could (and likely it can) mill titanium custom abutments there is more added value in the mill than the press. Keep in mind, in a couple of months there will be a boatload of new super trans materials that will be coming to market. They really look great and will compete very well with e.amx. If e.max takes a hit what do you do with a new press? The mill can produce loads of different materials and indications. That said, It's probably less expensive to press e.max. This will depend on who is doing all the processing in the press protocol. If your a small lab and your doing these steps your time can be better spent and the press protocol is costing you more than you may think.

Bob do you mean Vita suprinity?

R

rich green

Reaction score
Couple of things. First you have to have a wet mill for emax. So if you are milling zirconia on the same mill there is clean up time. Second, you are grinding emax, not milling, you need diamonds to do this and the secondary anatomy can never be as delicate as when you mill or carve wax, because the smallest diamonds are still pretty big. Third, pressed emax is slightly stronger than milled due to chemical composition, milled is still strong enough to cement but not as strong as pressed. Fourth, pressed is prettier.
Oh and Jim Thacker knows what hes doing....I'd listen to him.
And corona is right small milling machines wear out. The bearings are smaller the spindles are not as robust. etc. These mills are not like my old vacuvestor, 30 plus years old and still doing the job. When the small mills start to wear out it may be time to look to milling centers as closer partners. Let them take the hassle of new machines and perfect margins, get close as a partner and work out the logistics. Just a thought

L

lucky54

Reaction score
Interesting views you have here.I am a one-man laboratory and since six years only making crowns and bridges in Zirkon,Wax,Pmma,Vita Mark2,Vita Suprinity.with AG Motion.
The investment in the Motion AG was the best I 've ever done.staying up late at night and on weekends.And the set parameters are reached to 100 %,
not as a technician with daily variations.
But as always as an independent Superior to 10 minutes , then calculate and see what the competitor makes look how much time is saved and then decide yes it is worth it or not.
for me it was financially and from work to proceed the best decision
Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom