DWX-50 Wax Bridges Dont Fit

N

NickB

Reaction score
Any tips for correcting this problem? 3 unit bridges fit like a glove, but anything over 5 units then its rock city. I use the "create stabilizer" option which is supposed to keep it from warping while milling or cutting it out of the disk, but those bigger bridges still rock. Zirconia bridges (big or small) fit great. But the wax is giving me trouble.

Thanks

Nick

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Try a different wax ?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Who's wax are you using and what burs? Are the burs meant for wax or zr? For wax you will never need a stabilizer bar. Just sprue it properly. Sprues on all abutments on the lingual and every other on the bucal wax requires minimal support. It is cut 1:1 so it should smsrop right in no issues.

Are the scans right, do you scan all bridges big or small on a solid model then import dies in? Scanning on a pinned and sectioned model is like playing with fire. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
have you considered its the scanner?

What is it?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Honestly..a DWX 50 is a great unit..can it be off randomly... ? Sure but unlikely.

How old is it...how many hours on machine... has it been serviced regularly... the cables may need tensioning, is the spindle more than 2000 ours

all this matters

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Wax is giving you trouble...logic says its a wax issue

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Probably the Scanner, but could be the wax as others have said. Most of the older style desktop scanners lose soooo much accuracy any time you do anything large spanned. However, if it's a wax issue, I'd suggest using a different type of wax. Also, just to clarify, is the wax becoming distorted, or is your casting becoming distorted?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I'll send you a FREE wax puck NickB. We offer Brown Grey or White. If interested pm me your info.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
on bridges spanning 3 abutments or more, consider adding double spacer to the inner (middle) abutment(s) to help avoid this.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I'm interested in this thread as I've been playing with milling wax and am having the same problem.

The wax copings seem to be a little loose. I take away all the spacer and use the finest of milling strategies. I milled a five unit bridge yesterday and it was a bit loose and rocked in metal. I'm using Roland DWX50, Razor Sharp Burs for the wax, Dental Wings scanner and the wax is Zirlux. Zirconia fits perfectly, bridges are dead on. I want to mill more bridges in wax but need to figure this out.

Are there similarities to the original poster?

N

NickB

Reaction score
Probably the Scanner, but could be the wax as others have said. Most of the older style desktop scanners lose soooo much accuracy any time you do anything large spanned. However, if it's a wax issue, I'd suggest using a different type of wax. Also, just to clarify, is the wax becoming distorted, or is your casting becoming distorted?

We are using a 3Shape scanner. Its about 2 years old and we just bought a new one last week. So now we have two DWX-50 machines and 2 3Shape scanners.

Nick

N

NickB

Reaction score
I'll send you a FREE wax puck NickB. We offer Brown Grey or White. If interested pm me your info.

Hi Ron, sure Id love to try a new type of wax. How do I PM you? Tried just clicking on your name but didnt give me anything other than a pop up with no ability to PM.

Thank you for the offer also.

N

NickB

Reaction score
I'm interested in this thread as I've been playing with milling wax and am having the same problem.

The wax copings seem to be a little loose. I take away all the spacer and use the finest of milling strategies. I milled a five unit bridge yesterday and it was a bit loose and rocked in metal. I'm using Roland DWX50, Razor Sharp Burs for the wax, Dental Wings scanner and the wax is Zirlux. Zirconia fits perfectly, bridges are dead on. I want to mill more bridges in wax but need to figure this out.

Are there similarities to the original poster?

We had this problem as well, but we cured it by reducing the cement gap during the design process after scanning. We reduced the setting from 0.08mm cement gap to around 0.04 and that solved it for us.

Nick

N

NickB

Reaction score

Who's wax are you using and what burs? Are the burs meant for wax or zr? For wax you will never need a stabilizer bar. Just sprue it properly. Sprues on all abutments on the lingual and every other on the bucal wax requires minimal support. It is cut 1:1 so it should smsrop right in no issues.

Are the scans right, do you scan all bridges big or small on a solid model then import dies in? Scanning on a pinned and sectioned model is like playing with fire. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We are using Zirlux wax by Henry Schein. The burs are the Sierra burs for the DWX-50. And we use carbide burs for both wax and PMMA, but Zirconia we use the diamonds.

N

NickB

Reaction score

If you want, simply email me at [email protected] and I'm certainly interested in trying out one of the wax pucks. How much are they typically?

N

NickB

Reaction score
Brown any size = $10

Grey & White any size = $15

Okay excellent. Would love to try the brown one to start with.
Do I leave you my address here publicly? Still can't figure out how to DM.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Okay excellent. Would love to try the brown one to start with.
Do I leave you my address here publicly? Still can't figure out how to DM.

I just answered your email.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
We had this problem as well, but we cured it by reducing the cement gap during the design process after scanning. We reduced the setting from 0.08mm cement gap to around 0.04 and that solved it for us.

Nick

I've taken away all of the cement spacer for the wax. Individual copings after casting are nice fitting.... a little loose but workable. One bridge came out nice. Not as tight as a wax up would be but not as tight as I would like it still. I'm wondering if there is something within SUM3D to work with the fit. I was given a quick introduction to the nesting program but there's so much it can do.