Don Inman's last post

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Hello everyone:

After a lot of thought and conflicting feelings on my part..I am posting my last response here on DLN.

I enjoyed my short stay here and I still believe in most of what you are promoting here. I encourage you to stay the course even if you might need a changing of the guards.

I have asked Travis to remove my posts but I understand that might be hard to do. I accept that I might be viewed as a wossy....

I am not a confrontational person, I am not a person with any alternative motives. I choose not to engage the person attacking me anymore.

I hope you all understand my position....

Please feel free to email me anytime.

Regards,
Don

L

labdude

Reaction score
While I may be a bit "raw" sometimes, there were no attacks.
If a person doesn't want to respond to me, that's o.k. Probably happens now and again.
Pass over my posts and responses to posts if they upset you. Correct me if you feel I am wrong about something. I have no problem with that. Or just ignore me, if you like.

However, post incorrect statements on my behavior (attack),I will defend myself.

Post a thread or statement I don't agree with, I will post an opposing view.

Opposing views may be tough, or light, sometimes maybe seem like an attack.

Only true attacks are ones that are baseless lies.
Usually done by someone lashing out because they feel they were wronged by someone else, and rather than agreeing to disagree, and talking....they take a swing at you.

Only person "attacked" her was actually me, with lies about my phone conversations.

Disscussion was tough, tough points were made.

Defend yourself if you like, just don't lie, it might just stay here in print forever.

Some of my posts are rough I know. I still leave them all, and always will.
Every post I ever made at another site, where I moderate as well, is still there. Some are dumb, I feel, rowdy as well, they are still there. I could delete them. I'd rather face up to them. Just like here.
You guys are all great, thanks for being here.
Mike.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Also Don....don't be a woosy as you say...ignore me, continue to post.
Throwing out the baby with the bath water dude.
No one says you have to respond to me.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Geez, do we need a group hug at DLN? ah hell, a cold brewsky will probably do the same thing. I don't pick sides, as you know, I got my own battles to deal with, but you two (Mike and Don) have to much knowledge to share to hold back. Everyone disagrees and has other opinions, it's what learning is all about. I'm not trying to play the devil's advocate here but you two need to get over yourselves and help out the inquisitive and junior technicians here, some of them seriously rely on your techniques and opinions. Now before you two come back with bashing each other, try saying something positive to each other and lets move on........go figure, leave it to a Marine to break up a squabble, we usually are causing them....oh wait, that is what I usually do.....lol

So come on guys, I'd hate to lose either one of your great minds here just because you have differing opinions.....It's the internet, try going to some of the political blogs and read some of the horse excrement I do. At least give it some thought, you owe the junior techs that much.

L

labdude

Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere. As for politics, I did moderate that forum on another site for a little over a year. Got to be to much e-mail of every post, about 60 a day. Now I just do the Off Topic forum. Thought that was enough. This site is fun for that. If I were a real bad@ss, I would delete anyone that I see as a problem. I don't do that, never will.

My issue is concerning SML, their practices, and the disclosure of those practices to the public. As well as those associated with SML. The CDT thing is important as well. I just have more exposure to the SML thing.

Yes I would prefer to get back to the posting of goodies....I've said that.
I thought a while back that this has gone to long. Still, if in a post, a person attacks you, then says they have no more of value to say, are you suppose to ignore the attack?? Depends on what they have said. This case, was a clear violation to me.
I have deleted posts on the other site that were unreasonable and foundationless attacks on others. As well as had some given a "vacation" from that site for that behavior.
If I start, or make a comment about someone or something, and anyone thinks I wrong, place a disagreement. Don't lie. For that type of infraction I have asked for and recieved vacation time for people at the other site. I don't feel the would serve any purpose here.
I have nothing to be self important about, this particular issue is just one I am familiar with. My speaking up about it is to share what I know of it.
The talk about NBC,NADL, and the CDT program that others have posted is just the same. Their knowledge and experience of what is going on.
While this area of talk has nothing to do with our techniques, it is an important opinion.
I would greatly prefer to just post on techniques that hopefully others can use, or not.

Just...this kind of thing needs to be dealt with as well, the "political" part of our field. Yes it distracts from advancing our knowledge fo "how to", but, if we ignore it, we won't have to worry about "how to".

Placing a post that contains an opinion, or an attack, then in the same post saying that you will no longer respond, or, starting another post and leaving another unfinished, is a political move. Wether the individual realizes it or not, that is manipulative, asking for no response to it.

You won't lose my pea brain here. I have plenty of silly technique to share.

Let's see...positive to Don....I like his avatar, but, mines better.:D

Also, if the shoe was on the other foot, he may well be the one exposing me and SML. That could have happened easier than most anything. I worked only a few miles from them for years. And exposing isn't a particularly bad thing in this issue.
Who knew of the practice of doing full treatment programs done by SML, before they read it here??? To me, it applies to things happening in the CDT, NBC, and NADL programs. It's all about the money. Follow the money.

A huge positive for Don...I've posted it before....that IPC is awesome.
Mike.

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
Wait a minute!!!:eek:

Rob!!!...YOU were the one that made that attack on the CDT program with that snickers bar comparison!!!
Maybe it wasn't me???:confused: It was YOU!!!:D
Mike.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, what was I thinking of picking on a snickers bar, those damn things are good and tasty, no comparison to the kNuckleheads Association of Dental Laboratories.....geez I know how to stir up the pudding...lol

L

labdude

Reaction score
Oh my goodness.
Now what will we do??
I guess he was serious.
Might as well shut down the site...Inman has left the building.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Now Travis is going to have to post a warning about "no thin skinned people allowed".....geez, all ya did was disagree with him, ya meany mike....ya mean bully.....lol

L

labdude

Reaction score
SML...
Space Maintainers Lab.
It was Don's choice to use the initials of SML, was longer the other way...and I chose to chase after Don for being part of SML.
They do full orthodontic treatment plans for GPs. A GP can do ortho, just by law can't call himself an Orthodontist. An Orthodontist has 2 t o3 years training after dental school.

Top Bottom