disappearing abutment

T

terry5442

Reaction score
When designing an abutment using robotic and I switch from parametric to sculpt, the abutment disappears from the screen. everything else stays, including the sculpt design "balls". I can't figure out why this happens and how to prevent it. this happened in 2014 and now in 2015. using a different computer system this time also. am stumped. anyone got a suggestion?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When designing an abutment using robotic and I switch from parametric to sculpt, the abutment disappears from the screen. everything else stays, including the sculpt design "balls". I can't figure out why this happens and how to prevent it. this happened in 2014 and now in 2015. using a different computer system this time also. am stumped. anyone got a suggestion?

it's the slider button on the left hand .It's there but is hidden to confuse exocad users .

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
it's the slider button on the left hand .It's there but is hidden to confuse exocad users .
It is confusing, we don't have bugs in the software updates to deal with.:rolleyes:

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Screen shot that shiz........ then post a pic. What version you running also what library?

T

terry5442

Reaction score
Screen shot that shiz........ then post a pic. What version you running also what library?

I am running 2015.3 but this happened with 2014 v2.9.9.2.
When switching to sculpt I get 2 error messages; 1. Inner blank limit check failed, 2. cannot focus a disabled or invisible window
then I get the disappearing abutment!

Attachments

• 3shapepic.jpg
    3shapepic.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 35
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Wow, and you dropped out the crown slider as well? Sometimes the crown slider on will hide the abutment like a pre op scan sometimes does. What library it this? Also upgrade to 2015-3.1.

T

terry5442

Reaction score
Wow, and you dropped out the crown slider as well? Sometimes the crown slider on will hide the abutment like a pre op scan sometimes does. What library it this? Also upgrade to 2015-3.1.

We may be reverting back to 2014 today. Will know what happens next week.
This was a zimmer implant.

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
Sometimes if the view icon for the prep or the antagonist is not all the way to the right for full view, the does wacko stuff like what you are explaining. Im pretty sure the problem your facing in coming from the view tool so I would suggest you start tinkering around with those tools to see if there was something off.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We may be reverting back to 2014 today. Will know what happens next week.
This was a zimmer implant.

Revert back to 2.9.9.5 thats a solid version, also see if the MFG of the library has a newer DME, it seems to me like it is a issue with library and not 3shape software itself.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
nothing wrong with the version, this graphical glitch happens sometimes. drag the visibility slider in any direction and the system will re-render the item.

usually this happens as a result of an error. in this case it would appear probably because of the angle of the abutment and the limitation of the base seems to collide. old software used to really suffer from this glitchy implant suite.

upgrading will solve it sure, but there really isnt too much need for it. the actual calculation hasnt changed really from then to now.