Digital Files

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I have never received a digital file but I have a couple of Dr's asking about it. Can someone send me a ios scan in .stl that I can process ? I would like to get a feel for the workflow. I would like to send it out for a model and use the file to make a model less crown if that's possible. Thanks. oh , and of course they asked if there would be any extra charge for it. Laugh

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
3shape or exo? Dr's have trios itero or what?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I have 3shape. The Dr,s do not have scanners yet.

N

NYJHL

Reaction score
You can try 3shape ready program.
They provide STL and instructions

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I have 3shape. The Dr,s do not have scanners yet.
then what are you asking exactly? how to prepare for a flood of doctors with scanners?

how to receive and process a scan that did not come from your scanner ?

give you a hint, not a whole lot of new interesting or wierd things happen with files from outside your scanner.

all you need is a way to receive those files, such as a drop box, an email address, or any of the custom web portals like 3shape communicate or DDX which charge a fee.

then you need someone to send you a file.

what you do with it is use the Import function in your dental manager. done. start working. its the same as working on a scan of a stone model, except the first step is to trim the file to the correct border and close holes / eliminate noise in the scan with your smooth function. after that its the same.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
then what are you asking exactly? how to prepare for a flood of doctors with scanners?

give you a hint, not a whole lot of new interesting or wierd things happen with files from outside your scanner.

all you need is a way to receive those files, such as a drop box, an email address, or any of the custom web portals like 3shape communicate or DDX which charge a fee.

then you need someone to send you a file.

what you do with it is use the Import function in your dental manager. done. start working. its the same as working on a scan of a stone model, except the first step is to trim the file to the correct border and close holes / eliminate noise in the scan with your smooth function. after that its the same.
...you take all the mystery and intrigue out of it.I hope you're happy.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
[QUOTE

.[/QUOTE] Pretty much so. I'd like to make a few "trial " runs per say so that I have some idea of what I'm doing and what to expect.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
its only mysterious and hard to understand if you are old.
I am old. Just turned 60. My first crown was made on foil with an aluminus core. Under a black light they looked like one of those psychedelic posters from the 60's and 70's.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
image.php

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
[QUOTE

Pretty much so. I'd like to make a few "trial " runs per say so that I have some idea of what I'm doing and what to expect.[/QUOTE]
go to a site like Thingiverse, or grabcad/sketchfab/yeggi (theres a big repository that needs updating in the Resources section https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/resources/free-3d-model-resources-for-hobbyist.6/ )

(btw i used to be PearlZ so don't.)

pull an stl out of their free archives, and import it into 3shape in your dental manager. giver a whirl.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
WoW 60 and your going digital, must stink to be young and have no mystery or interesting things left to your work day. I am also on the shorter end of my career, but I would love to understand all this stuff as well as others on this forum. Now there is a class I would be interested in at chicago....CAD for elders...file transfers,setting up drop box, converting files BLAH Blahblh...
In return, some of the older techs may have some useful information for the younger techs.....like how we are still doing it after 35-45 years.
My 2cents

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This isn't like buying a pair of shoes.
When it comes time to drop at least 20 K on any system,you'd like to know that your support will be there for your investment.
This disruptive environment we are in is making it tough to make any business decision for the future.

I almost said " moving forward".Banghead

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This isn't like buying a pair of shoes.
When it comes time to drop at least 20 K on any system,you'd like to know that your support will be there for your investment.
This disruptive environment we are in is making it tough to make any business decision for the future.

I almost said " moving forward".Banghead
wrong thread,sorry. meant for the Ivoclar/3 shape thread.

th

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
no worries , we are professional lab for digital desings .

Send your scan file Befor you go home , and all design will be ready to mill in your next day early morning .

CheersCheersCheersCheersCheersCheersCheers

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
I am currently trying to import a itero scan that was emailed to me. In google doc, it was sent as a stl 3D object, but am not able to start a project in Exocad. Any ideas how to download the file and be able to locate in Exocad?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Is there an "import itero" button on your Exocad screen?

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
yes, when i click on it to load file i am not able to locate any of them

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
i am able to open the scans in Exocad webview, but the files will not show up in the regular exocad program