Digital Denture of the Week

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
As suggested by @Craig T .

Please let us know what system(s) you used and your opinions on the process.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

I'll bite.

Temporary dentures for an implant case that we are waiting on integration before moving to fixed. Monolithic PMMA with LC gingival material added. Not pretty, but only the 4th or 5th one I've done digitally.

Exocad basic, no denture module. Easier than a single pfm. ;)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Is that printed or milled ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Whats the shot glass for.....?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anybody got more to show?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Milled monolithic PMMA with vestibular and palatal cutback for LC gingival material.
Which LC material did you choose?
Did it polish well with no sign of delamination on the meeting points at cej and at the borders?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Did it polish well with no sign of delamination on the meeting points at cej and at the borders?
[/QUOTE]

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Delaminate :
layer separation of the added light cure material from the white base layer

cej: cementum enamel junction . This is the place where natural teeth change their exterior layer from being enamel to being cementum. Basically the point it disapoears from view at the gingiva. Shorthand for neck of the tooth or emergence point of the tooth.

Borders: also called the periferal roll. Where the outside side of the denture turns the corner to being the inside of the denture.

Does that help? Say so if not, please.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Delaminate :
layer separation of the added light cure material from the white base layer

cej: cementum enamel junction . This is the place where natural teeth change their exterior layer from being enamel to being cementum. Basically the point it disapoears from view at the gingiva. Shorthand for neck of the tooth or emergence point of the tooth.

Borders: also called the periferal roll. Where the outside side of the denture turns the corner to being the inside of the denture.

Does that help? Say so if not, please.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
If the surface isn't opened (sandblasted and monomer brushed) up you will see delamination...then it traps food....Then it stinks.
This is with Graphenano. Teeth are all 1 piece.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Which LC material did you choose?
Triad denture base material and a flowable gingival colored composite to fill in the 'sulcus' areas.
The temp dentures we have done this way have only been in he mouth for a short while so I can't give any
info on delamination. I used a bonding agent between the pmma and composite so I doubt it will from experience using it on other
things like bonding temp abutments to pmma temps using flowable composite.
They are not polished, light cured 'glaze' from Dreve.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Triad denture base material and a flowable gingival colored composite to fill in the 'sulcus' areas.
The temp dentures we have done this way have only been in he mouth for a short while so I can't give any
info on delamination. I used a bonding agent between the pmma and composite so I doubt it will from experience using it on other
things like bonding temp abutments to pmma temps using flowable composite.
They are not polished, light cured 'glaze' from Dreve.

I was using the Triad denture base materials to make LC baseplates. It's really easy to work with , however it's really brittle, and my experience with glazes are that they catch stains and turn dark. At some point I believe you'll regret using the Triad material for that. That said I hope someone perfects it one day, it has promise.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I was using the Triad denture base materials to make LC baseplates. It's really easy to work with , however it's really brittle, and my experience with glazes are that they catch stains and turn dark. At some point I believe you'll regret using the Triad material for that. That said I hope someone perfects it one day, it has promise.
We use GC OptiGlaze, Big thing to know is that you can easily Over Cure which results in discoloration. Tom Zaleski has some Great pointers on this subject...search It's truly an amazing product but care should be taken to not over expose to light source, especially halogen type. Hope this helps Party

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
These are only temporary dentures while we wait for implants to finish cooking. The Triad material is a thin veneer (.5mm) bonded to milled PMMA. Between the digital design and veneering the milled denture I have maybe 2-2.5 max hours in it. If something happens to it or the patient's treatment is delayed the robot will mill another replica from the stl file and I'll put a little more time in veneering it again. The cost of extra temps is included in the treatment plan. Certainly not a perfect solution, but it's a temp. Already moving in other directions to eliminate the veneering. Just need to get the CAM strategy dialed in.
The light cured sealer we are using has yet to yellow like some others. I've experimented with over curing it on some samples. I haven't found it to darken or discolor. Time will tell on the staining.