Diamond set in ZI

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
One my clients is requesting this. Anyone ever do this? I'm thinking the only way is maybe scan it, use it as a negative attachment, then cement it with some Panavia.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
why not just make a zirconia clear in that specific area?

you just need a hydrogen torch ... the tip gets to 5000 degrees so you could definitely sinter it in place too.

just don't burn your house down.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol..the hydrogen touch is right next to the supercollider.
This one will get you to 2,000+ celcius.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe along the same line as what you're saying, but the longer version? Design a crown for the tooth, mill it in wax or PMMA, fit the diamond into it using burs then scan it as a pre-op and use the smoothing tools to ditch out the area in the zirconia scan crown?

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Scan the diamond, save as an stl. Put it in the attachment library. Design the crown, then use the "diamond attachment" as a negative like 1/2 way in the buccal, mill and finish, then cement it in. Charge mucho extra $$ for the for PITA!

I like CHL's idea better, Or, just tell him no........

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Scan the diamond, save as an stl. Put it in the attachment library. Design the crown, then use the "diamond attachment" as a negative like 1/2 way in the buccal, mill and finish, then cement it in. Charge mucho extra $$ for the for PITA!

I like CHL's idea better, Or, just tell him no........

A lot more accurate. I'm always a fan of saying no to something like this. Let's do it out of AU, a FGC that way the diamond will really pop :) :)

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Well wait, it gets better! it's a screw retained implant crown ...FULL Cast Gold with the ZI, as a buccal veneer (with the diamond cemented in it!!)

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
hey, I just read that diamonds can withstand heat up to 850 c 🤔 A little glaze around it could seal it in. We'll see he says when I tell him this is gonna cost like $1500...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
$1500. should help to scare him straight. Also, include the waver that you are not responsible if anything happens to the diamond.

When I worked in-house, I would once in a while polish a couple of the girl's wedding rings. I was always really careful about it, but last night I thought, "what was I doing"??!! as I could have inadvertently caught an edge of small diamond clasp and flung the diamond in the dental lab black hole where all those implant parts, copings, etc reside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom