Denture Resets

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Got a bunch of those. But a midsize lab is a bigger numbers game.
I struggle a lot with the notion that I work at 100% to produce quality with a clinic that wastes that effort multiple times.
Yeah, you do the absolute best for a case, and have to destroy and redo a lot of it, wears on you.
They have no idea what really happens after the prescription is written. Guy I know said he'd like give them a thousand dollar credit if they'd come to the lab and see how things really are for a whole day.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Yeah, you do the absolute best for a case, and have to destroy and redo a lot of it, wears on you.
They have no idea what really happens after the prescription is written. Guy I know said he'd like give them a thousand dollar credit if they'd come to the lab and see how things really are for a whole day.
I bust my hump to get work past QC, and then it takes some putz multiple trials to get the bite.
Then they want it all free on warranty.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I bust my hump to get work past QC, and then it takes some putz multiple trials to get the bite.
Then they want it all free on warranty.
All removable techs feel this strain, it is a spinning of the wheels the best we can do is try educate. It sucks, but we charge for it and move on with our lives.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
All removable techs feel this strain, it is a spinning of the wheels the best we can do is try educate. It sucks, but we charge for it and move on with our lives.
I have come to the concussion :) that the longer someone is in school, the less the average person is able to learn.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I agree, my perspective is a skilled tech who left self employment to another's lab. It's very revealing, to watch management struggle with clinics I would have held the come to Jesus convo with long ago.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Hi kcdt- sad to say we are only as good as what we get. They say you have to pick your battles, I also choose to pick the people I want to work for. I'm not perfect nor do I expect the Drs.I work for, to be either, just to be conscious like I try to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Hi kcdt- sad to say we are only as good as what we get. They say you have to pick your battles, I also choose to pick the people I want to work for. I'm not perfect nor do I expect the Drs.I work for, to be either, just to be conscientious like I try to be.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Resets are a part of denture work, as the dentist is working with live people who change their minds constantly. The smart ones make sure a close family member is at the try in to give their view on how it looks, sometimes there is going to be more than one reset. The thing that is my pet peeve is when a dentist sets the teeth themselves, so there will not be a setup charge and tells me to make it look nice. This usually means resetting the teeth. The first time I don't charge, but after that I charge full price.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Resets are a part of denture work, as the dentist is working with live people who change their minds constantly. The smart ones make sure a close family member is at the try in to give their view on how it looks, sometimes there is going to be more than one reset. The thing that is my pet peeve is when a dentist sets the teeth themselves, so there will not be a setup charge and tells me to make it look nice. This usually means resetting the teeth. The first time I don't charge, but after that I charge full price.
If the Dr sets the teeth and wants me to make it look nice I charge for a set up the first time but I do let him know beforehand.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Hi kcdt- sad to say we are only as good as what we get. They say you have to pick your battles, I also choose to pick the people I want to work for. I'm not perfect nor do I expect the Drs.I work for, to be either, just to be conscious like I try to be.

All I can say is management is changing in 2017. All I would like to see is a firmer hand on warranty/QC parameters.

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
I am a cdt gothic arch is load of old rubbish. Taking a bite is simple but can't be done in 2 minutes.

This explains why your are having to "reset"

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Yes the ones that are my favorite are resets after processing....

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Especially after multiple trials. WTF.
No different than any other profession. Incompetent inconsiderate infuriating idiots idolizing instead of implementing ideas.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Especially after multiple trials. WTF.
Lol just did a shade change, tooth one by one to change from A1->B1. Same position on templates and now move midline right 2mm, and expand buccal corridor. Such is life. Drs. are working on people, people can be fickle. Cut the ones who really care slack and the ones who don't you can rag on.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Yes the ones that are my favorite are resets after processing....
In those cases I will do a wax up. Recently had to reset maxillary anterior teeth. ground out old ones, did a waxup to patients satisfaction and then cold cured into place. This particular case was partly my fault because the patient was not showing any vermilion border. So I tillted the anterior teeth outward to show it. He did try to get used to it but had problems keeping food in and biting. I guess some people don't want our input. So I did that for free.....Patient was happy but I had to tell him that next reline would be comlpete rebase. Not much difference for me except time. BTW not to advertise but since learning about Diamond D acrylics here on this site. I have switched and never had porosity, breakage, or any other problems.So thanks to dentallabnetwork.

Top Bottom