DENTSPLY Touch & Press Software Upgrade?

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
Has anyone tried upgrading their Touch & Press software to the newest version? I purchased the smart card kit from DENTSPLY to save my programs so I could re format and re load the software. Only problem all the links to the software from the interactive guide in the smartcard kit do not lead to the software download as stated it would. Support for this oven appears to be unavailable on the net here or overseas. I tried Degudent and they do not have a link for software download for this model. Brochures and operating instructions yes, software no. I have inquired from DENTSPLY and no one seems to know where the data file is downloaded. The file is MumaUpdt.exe . Anyone have a copy or know where to download the file? Thanks

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
which touch n press you have, the old or the touch n press 2 ?
What software version you have? I have the software for the old one.

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
I have the Touch & Press with the old 1.0 software. The new upgrade is 2.0 which allows more control of the parameters.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Well here's your Christmas gift. :)
gift

pass=tech

Last edited:
Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
i haven't tried to upgrade mine as it came with this version.
you need a com cable i guess, and need to follow the instructions on how to do it.

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
i haven't tried to upgrade mine as it came with this version.
you need a com cable i guess, and need to follow the instructions on how to do it.

Yep, I know how to do it, just need the software/firmware. DENTSPLY emailed me back this morning and said my request was forwarded to Degudent. According to my contact at DENTSPLY I WILL hear from Degudent today......... 5:20 PM and that hasn’t happened yet.

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
Alexander von Herwarth, Intercompany Sales Manager for DeguDent GmbH was very helpful by providing the Touch & Press software upgrade files. The new software will bring the oven up to V 2.10C What this software does that V1.94 does not, is give you more options in the DRY parameter of the programs. You can step the muffle and tiome the holds and tempering. This software will also benifit the Touch version of this oven. THIS SOFTWARE UPGRADE IS FOR THE ORIGINAL TOUCH & PRESS, NOT THE TOUCH & PRESS 2. If you would like the software file you can email; me @ [email protected] and I will forward Alexander’s email with the file attached. The actual furnace download is via the RS 232 (9pin) port on the funrnace and the same port on the computer. Extract all files before downloading.

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
Weird, when I first tried the link I came to an error page repeatedly. Yes, I have upgraded the software, replaced the pressing cylinder, re calibrated and everything is working fine.

D

drmaxromero

Reaction score
I have an oven gentlemen densply touch & press to which he has broken the touch screen, I sent to buy the parts and sent me a new one, but with a digital adapter since the former was analog, but I've installed and nome replies the touch, someone who knows please help. I have my pc connected to the furnace by the R232 if they want to review it here since team viewer

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
u need a software update to make the new screen working.
from whom did u get the screen? didn't they supply u the way to do it and update the software????

D

drmaxromero

Reaction score
what kind of software do I need to make the new screen works in my old multimat touch & press with the v1.68b software? where can I get it?

D

drmaxromero

Reaction score
what kind of software do I need to make the new screen works in my old multimat touch & press with the v1.68b software? where can I get it?

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
the software that runs on the new screen is 2.2 . I'm gonna search today to see if i have it. Meanwhile ask your provider or try calling dentsply.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
pm me your email, i'll send it.

D

drmaxromero

Reaction score
[email protected]
but I have another problem, a warning appears in the screen touch ''the furnace has made 15000 cycles, maintenance is necessary''. I think this in bloking my access to the furnace. I always press ''C'' the furnace unblocks itself, but because the new screen I can't press any bottom. How can I unblock the furnace, HELP ME PLEASE.

D

drmaxromero

Reaction score
maybe a solution is to put an old screen and do all the process and then put the new one again

D

drmaxromero

Reaction score
[email protected]
but I have another problem, a warning appears in the screen touch ''the furnace has made 15000 cycles, maintenance is necessary''. I think this in bloking my access to the furnace. I always press ''C'' the furnace unblocks itself, but because the new screen I can't press any bottom. How can I unblock the furnace, HELP ME PLEASE.