Dental Wings

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to be a private tech for a perio practice. The doctor told me he is going to purchase a scanner, currently he's looking at Dental Wings because of how it integrates with the CoDiagnosix software he is currently using for his surgical guide planning. I'm not sure if he was talking about the Strauman CS2 or a Dental Wings scanner.

Can Exocad be used with CoDiagnosix in the same way that Dental Wings is? Does Dental Wings provide anything that Exocad can't?

He is also going to purchase some sort of 5 axis mill and possibly a 3d printer in the near future as well so being able to utilize that is obviously important as well.

The only experience I have with scanners has been with a 1G Nobel Procera Optimet scanner, so pretty much anything is going to be an upgrade for me.

Thanks in advance for your input!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I am not familiar with CoDiagnostix, but I use exocad and stl output of digital diagnostic cases merge easily into 360Imaging, Anatomage, etc.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yeah , Dental Wings provide lots and lots of pain to the user .......

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
The CS2 has the CoDiagnosix module. The only one on the forum that I know has experience w/ it is @doug so you might want to contact him, but don't think he's real fond of it. I haven't used the new DW systems, but doubt that this particular "pretty much anything is going to be an upgrade for" you.

If your doc really insists on the system, PM me. I'll sell it to him.

P

Peter Kim

Reaction score
3Shape has implant studio module it can be implant planing,surgical guide design with Dr.'s x-ray file and surface scan file

Take a look this video it might help have some idea

ter01475

ter01475

Reaction score
We have all the systems...your right about Exocad it is our favorite scanner. coDiagnostiX we use for treatment planning, but we use the gonyX table to make our guides. The CS2 is no longer for sale and the only option right now is to get the Dental Wings software and scanner. My understanding is that Exocad will be excepted by Dental Wings or Straumann in the very near future.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Dwos 5 is not nearly as bad as the old stuff. There are quite a few thins it has become very proficient at. The software has advance dramatically in the past year and a half. It is not all that buggy anymore and the tech support is reasonable as well.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Well,well,well, if my CS2 can be run on Exocad I will be able to use it for something other than a door stop. I just about pulled the trigger on co-diagnostix, actually I did, but that's another story. I have as little to do with Straumann as possible. It is my opinion that the team at the top of Straumann would sell their family into slavery if they thought they could get away with it. They have absolutely no communication skills within the organization, and even less with their customers. All of that being said, if you decide to go with the practice as an employer, let me know. I will put you in touch with a guy here in Florida who can work around the Gonyx table completely. It has become his door stop.