Dental Wings 3 series issues

D

Donna

Reaction score
We just purchased a Dental Wings 3 series 3 months ago and are having so many issues. Anyone out there having problems with theirs?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There are users of that system here, but not any great amount. Did you bark up your resellers tree?

D

Donna

Reaction score
I have been in contact with Customer service and my Lab rep numerous times. Getting frustrated because they keep putting it off. Now they say they will send me a loaner but haven't seen one yet. We get errors that say there is nothing in the scanner, critical error and system has to shut down. Will be in the middle of designing a crown or an abutment and the system will revert back to the original in the middle of it and we have to start over.
What is the most popular scanner out there?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Could be a faulty cable as far as the error with the scanner is concerned. The other part with the crown reverting back to original design sounds more like software stuff. I would check the cables and reboot the computer and if that doesn't work have Dental Wings reinstall the software.

D

Donna

Reaction score
Could be a faulty cable as far as the error with the scanner is concerned. The other part with the crown reverting back to original design sounds more like software stuff. I would check the cables and reboot the computer and if that doesn't work have Dental Wings reinstall the software.
I did reboot twice and after reboot it seems to work and then it may happen again the next time. I have contacted Dental Wings and Straumann and it is taking a lot of complaining and time to get anything done. The other problems are all different scans. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I think software reinstall would be a good idea.
Thanks

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I did reboot twice and after reboot it seems to work and then it may happen again the next time. I have contacted Dental Wings and Straumann and it is taking a lot of complaining and time to get anything done. The other problems are all different scans. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I think software reinstall would be a good idea.
Thanks
With that much oddness, unless it was installed during a thunderstorm, assuming they all have the same source, there are only so many things that could cause all of that.
Wouldn't hurt to download and run this to check your memory sticks. If they are failing that will wreak havoc, especially upon any memory intensive program.
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Thanks

I always thought that DW's idea of combining the computer into the scanner was a bad idea. It forces you to return the scanner even if it's a computer problem or vice versa. Could be something as simple to fix as replacing a video card. Makes things more complicated in my opinion and more dependent on them. I guess it does provide a way for them to check everything though when a unit is returned. Simplifies choosing the proper computer specs too.

Of course, adding to all this is the fact that Straumann now owns DW completely, so I don't know who is going to respond to your needs in the best way. Did you buy from Straumann or DW?