Dental Designer locks up

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just got a new design machine for 3shape, and the dental designer hangs up when I go to design a case. Any one experience this when going into designer ??? I tried the 2014 64 bit and ended up reverting to the 32bit 2.8.8.8 2013 version. Both hang up on the designer part.Here are screenshots of my pc specs. Any help would be great thanks DLN community. thx
g12l.png

0vre.png

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what do you mean by hangs up? please be more descriptive -

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
what do you mean by hangs up? please be more descriptive -
In dental designer I mark the die/dies with the tooth #'s and click "ok" to go the next step which would be the insertion direction, and it freeze's up and I have to use task manager to close it,and cannot go any further.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
when you say freeze, do you mean it doesn't goto the next step at all, or you are waiting an unusual amount of time?

sounds like you may have a faulty install though, might be worth it to do a full OS format, and install from scratch.

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
thats correct doesnt do anything at all

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
have you tried cleaning the computer up? it's possible in installing and uninstalling the computer is all wacked out. try a clean full install (meaning uninstall everything, or better yet format and start the OS From scratch if you can)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i doubt its as serious as requiring a full reinstall.

2 things u can try, first is a good system defragmentation. second is a simple dental designer repair by reinstall. the full system does not seem to be affected.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
We just had that problem fixed. Our IT guy had to clean up the pc. He said he found some registries when not correct and reinstalled windows 7. This required dental manager to have to be reinstalled also. Works fine now.

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
I figured it out guys. Thanks for the suggestions. It was an Nvidia graphic's card setting in the nvidia control panel. FYI if anyone buys an hp cad workstation and experience the same thing look in the gcard control panel.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thanks for updating us with your solution!

J

Jason Liebes

Reaction score
I figured it out guys. Thanks for the suggestions. It was an Nvidia graphic's card setting in the nvidia control panel. FYI if anyone buys an hp cad workstation and experience the same thing look in the gcard control panel.
Can you tell me what setting was changed, I'm having the exact same problem on a new HP workstation with a Quadro graphics card... Thanks

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
Wow! 64 gigs of ram? Might be a little overkill there????