Custom library - Exocad

M

macminn

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make your own anatomical library and save it in Exocad? I'm not keen on some of the anatomy I get once in a while.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'm in the process of making a high def one now. Have to have special software to do it.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I do not like the way the generic libraries are handled by the manipulation tools. This is what is taking me so long. You have unlimited options to choose how exocad manipulates the crown proposals.

M

macminn

Reaction score
What software are you using?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Special software that I acquired. Not sure if you can purchase it or not. Saves the finished file in a special format that is recognized by exocad

M

macminn

Reaction score
Not Blender?

M

macminn

Reaction score
The plot thickens...

M

macminn

Reaction score
Jason, has Exocad updated their software lately? We got ours through b and d, and I think it's a 2011 version.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
There is an update to exocad and a complete overhaul of the scan software for the origin intelligence. I have not received either yet. Still a bug or two in the scan software and they like to personally test exocad for a little while before they release to all their customers. Exocad is pretty much bug free as usual though;)

slr

slr

Reaction score
You can actually make your own tooth library without any special software, right through exocad. You can choose teeth from a study model you have with nice anatomy or you can go as far as scanning in denture teeth and using those to customize your library. It's a fairly easy process, just time consuming. I've already created one library from wax-ups and currently starting the second one with denture teeth. You really have endless possibilities! You should be able to talk to your exocad seller and have them send you instructions on how to do so.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
You can actually make your own tooth library without any special software, right through exocad. You can choose teeth from a study model you have with nice anatomy or you can go as far as scanning in denture teeth and using those to customize your library. It's a fairly easy process, just time consuming. I've already created one library from wax-ups and currently starting the second one with denture teeth. You really have endless possibilities! You should be able to talk to your exocad seller and have them send you instructions on how to do so.

Or you could tell us how to do it. Sounds like it could be fun. Get some high end models from some of the worlds best dental ceramists and import them into Exo. PRAY DO TELL

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
There is an update to exocad and a complete overhaul of the scan software for the origin intelligence. I have not received either yet. Still a bug or two in the scan software and they like to personally test exocad for a little while before they release to all their customers. Exocad is pretty much bug free as usual though;)

So how much is that update if you want to get it? Bug free, but they did a complete overhaul of the scanning software??? Hrmmmm :cool:

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
So how much is that update if you want to get it? Bug free, but they did a complete overhaul of the scanning software??? Hrmmmm :cool:

Depends on the distributor. Usually free;) just speeding things up scan wise. Each distributor can have additions that they want put into their exocad software. They "test" it to make sure what they wanted, is really what they wanted;) not due to bugs per say.

slr

slr

Reaction score
I can definitely help you out! I have a document already put together with step by step instructions if you're interested. I could email it to you? It's a detailed and time consuming process but completely worth it in the end. I think it would be too much to type here. Let me know and I'd be more than willing to help!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
For anyone interested, I believe we can install the CAP library into Exocad. I know building your own is much more work than you probably think.
Just out of curiosity Jason, have you got a handle on how much time this will take you?
I know we spent a couple of years on it. Not full time. But, it was forever.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You can Bob? Awesome! Any chance of a one day trial or something like that?

Well, you have to scan in all the wax ups, denture teeth, actual cut models etc. first. Then you have to cut out any junk just to clean it up a little. Then I import them into model editor, which is designed for Exocad tooth libraries. You open each tooth and go through the steps of selecting(paintbrush style) what is consisted a ridge, what is considered a cusp tip and so on. You also set the axis of the tooth in relation to mesial, distal, lingual, facial and level up your occlusal/incisal. By selecting what is what, exocad is able to accurately manipulate what you want, when you want. Short story long, it takes quite awhile;)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
And, sometimes what looks good in your hand, looks like crap stretched out over a die within Exo lol

slr

slr

Reaction score

Well, you have to scan in all the wax ups, denture teeth, actual cut models etc. first. Then you have to cut out any junk just to clean it up a little. Then I import them into model editor, which is designed for Exocad tooth libraries. You open each tooth and go through the steps of selecting(paintbrush style) what is consisted a ridge, what is considered a cusp tip and so on. You also set the axis of the tooth in relation to mesial, distal, lingual, facial and level up your occlusal/incisal. By selecting what is what, exocad is able to accurately manipulate what you want, when you want. Short story long, it takes quite awhile;)

It took about a month, working on the designation as time allowed, an hour here, an hour there. Once you get the hang of it, it goes fairly quickly.*

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score

I'm out of the office until Monday. Let me check with Matt and see where we are on this project. I know we looked at it and have it figured out. Just not sure if he finished it.