Crystal Ultra?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The thing is if this is any indication of where materials will be going it will just drive the pricing down per puck like zirconia ;)

It will also drive the price of implants down too.
In fact it has potential to eliminate the need for an implant altogether.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I'm doing a full upper and lower bridge on implants from a very similar material on my wife right now. Can't give out the material and who makes it yet.I will take pictures and post if I can get the OK. I don't think it will be big in the single unit part of C&B. This is however about to change the all on four and implant dentures for sure and dentures not far down the road.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
If anyone is going to Chicago. You can check them out there as they will be exhibiting.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
this is a rebrand - but my NDA prohibits me from saying who this is from. There is a lab we are very friendly with that has been beta testing for i think 4-6 months already and seem to be getting better results than Lava Ultimate and you can mill bridges. - however it's wet mill.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
this is a rebrand - but my NDA prohibits me from saying who this is from. There is a lab we are very friendly with that has been beta testing for i think 4-6 months already and seem to be getting better results than Lava Ultimate and you can mill bridges. - however it's wet mill.

Interesting !

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Good Luck trying to Grind creamic anything from the top-down in 98mm disk form!

What tools are you guys thinking will work for that exactly?

You really need to come from the sides grinding w/diamonds, in single cube form of the material.

Probably just relabeled Vita or Dentsply stuff.

Crystal people don't make anything.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Scott, I am going to mill it with carbide tools and test it out wet and dry to see how it does?

You are right you cannot grind this material but I don't think it has to be. I think carbide tools will be just fine.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
710 MPa huh? Getting close to Titanium!
You need larger tools to rough with (4mm Torus) and a larger mill to get serious with this material IMO.
Also flood-coolant and not a mist. No Datron.
This calls for a HAAS and very specialized strategy and unique set of tools!
No simple 2 flute balls.
Tyler, you will have issues right from the beginning milling this stuff I bet...?
Almost 2x harder than trying to mill eMax you know?

Physical Properties
Physical PropertyMeasurementStandard Value
Vickers Hardness (200 p) 710 MPa **None specified
Modulus of Elasticity
(Young Modulus) 10,000 MPa **None specified
Flexural Strength 175 MPa **ISO 10477 ≥ 50
ISO 6872 ≥ 100
Compressive Strength 480-500 MPa **ISO 4049 ADA 27
Density 1.89 g/cm3None specified
Chemical Solubility 1.29 μg/cm3ISO 6872 ≤ 100
Water Absorption 16.94 μg/mm3ISO 10477 ≤ 40
Water Solubility 0.04 μg/mm3ISO 10477 ≤ 7.5
Biocompatibility ConfirmedISO 10993
Ceramic Filler 70.02% (wt)None Specified
Color Stability ConfirmedISO 10477
Shade Consistency ConfirmedISO 10477
Surface Finish SmoothISO 10477
Bond Strength 27-37 MPaISO 10477 ≥ 5

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I don't know about that Scott, I could be wrong but if Crystal is selling this then the probably can use it in their tiny Dentmills they have since they are kind of partnered together.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Someone explain this to me.....

One place says this material is 710 MPa Vickers Hardness.....(Isn't Natural Enamel around 340?)

Then this weird photo below....Those other materials are NOT that high in Vickers!!?? Total B.S. chart! LOL

Then to say this crystal stuff is almost the same as natural teeth, while in reality being 2x as hard is also B.S.

?? Did I miss something? o_O

(below pic is from http://crystalultra.com/ and not affiliated with me or this web-site)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
How many shades does it come in?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know about that Scott, I could be wrong but if Crystal is selling this then the probably can use it in their tiny Dentmills they have since they are kind of partnered together.

Then again, these are the same jack-holes that tried to sell us all overpriced, crappy microwave sintering furnaces from China that did a horrible job! LOL

I wouldn't put anything past them. I have a funny story about One of those guys I wish I could tell ya in public!

Your theory is very flawed Tyler. How would they know how to design a mill for a material that didn't even exist yet? DentMill is a very old design, even the newer Ones...

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Just ordered my puck shade A2 15mm. They said it can be milled both wet and dry!