CrNi pucks for CAM

Neuralgia

Neuralgia

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum... but I always lurk once in a while, specially to see what's going on the press technology.

I'm about to place a new lab, with a Datron D5 milling unit.

Now, I can find lots of CrCo pucks, but can't seem to find much info about CrNi pucks. where I live (Costa Rica) I believe it's much easier to offer CrNi because of the CET, so they can keep using the same Vita VM13 they've used (Vita holds most of the market share)

Any recommendations on providers and brands?

Thanks in Advance,

Dan from Costa Rica

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Schefter in Germany had CrNi .

I don't think there is a CTE issue . I also mill metal , CrCo and titanium . Why use CrNi ? The price is almost the same , and Ni is not the best thing for the patient . I use metal from Mesa in Italy , they actually reccommend Vita VM 13 . I was using it with no problems at all , until I changed to Ivoclar Inline . Hope that helps .

Neuralgia

Neuralgia

Reaction score
Most of the CrCo I've seen is not compatible with VM13... am I looiking where I shouldn't.

The reason for using CrNi is basically because of the need to change porcelain. If it's not ncecesary, then that would be great.

Dan

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
When I go back to the lab , I will check about the CTE of the CrCo I am milling , currently have 3 different brands in the lab , Mesa , Scheftner and Medentica . Then I will compare it with what Vita suggesting . I am absolutely sure there not a problem at all.

Neuralgia

Neuralgia

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've heard great things about Scheftner and Imes-Icore

Never heard of Mesa or Medentica. I googled them but couldn't find them. Can someone share their webpage?

Thanks