COVID-19 RESTRICTION AND LOCKDOWNS- HOW YOU COPING??

• Thread starter enricochienrico
  • Start date
HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
'Theyre really really sure it wont' Rofl
The thing is, you can roll the dice all you want, but you get to play with your money, you cant expect everyone else to sell their house to throw in on your gamble. Let me give you some health advice im really really sure will help you and see if you take it? And if you dont, you lose your job ok?

It must be difficult to go through life not being able to trust any experts at all. Do you just master and handle every skill yourself? Don't you trust all variety of experts when it comes to your safety all the time? From the food you eat to the car you drive, you trust people without question every day.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You haven't lived long enough if you trust all the experts you have met.
Too many letdowns to have blind faith.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
You haven't lived long enough if you trust all the experts you have met.
Too many letdowns to have blind faith.
I don't trust al the experts I meet, but most of them that have good reputations I do.

I trust the doctor I've had since I was kid and hasn't led me wrong on medical decisions. I trust the overwhelming majority of the scientific and medical researchers on the planet. The countries that don't have good access to the vaccine are begging for help to get it. The military is requiring everyone get it. Hell even Trump's vaccinated and suggesting others get it (even if he gets booed by the crowd). Fox news has a vaccine or test policy and most of them are vaccinated. But sure, the small majority of people that doubt its safety and efficacy might be on the right side of history in time. You all might be like the few brave enough to say the world wasn't flat back in the day, risking being called heretics by the experts of the day...

EDIT: Also.. I'd argue you trust tons of experts you don't ever meet every single day unless you're living off the grid in a cabin you made and growing your own food or something.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Youre right it is easier to be told what to do. I prefer thinking for myself, experts be damned. My safety is not your problem nor an experts, its mine. I dont look for FDA approved monsanto poisoned food to eat. In fact most people that think they have a good life couldnt feed themselves if there wasnt a big mac on the griddle. Cmon man try to keep up.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Youre right it is easier to be told what to do. I prefer thinking for myself, experts be damned. My safety is not your problem nor an experts, its mine. I dont look for FDA approved monsanto poisoned food to eat. In fact most people that think they have a good life couldnt feed themselves if there wasnt a big mac on the griddle. Cmon man try to keep up.

Yeah I too want to go back to the days when food producers were completely unregulated and were putting sawdust and other immediately harmful and nasty things in food. My point is the inconsistency. I hate the way people drive around my city, statistically they're pretty safe, but driving in general is a dangerous and all too often fatal activity but I take that risk every day without blinking. It's far more risky and likely that I'll die in a car accident than I'll die of surprise cancer caused by the vaccine many years from now. So when I hear people talking about rolling the dice like the vaccine is some huge gamble it just doesn't seem like a consistent assessment of the situation to me.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
4 out of five drs reccomend....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We're in the middle of an election in the middle of a pandemic.
eff the experts

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I don't trust al the experts I meet, but most of them that have good reputations I do.

I trust the doctor I've had since I was kid and hasn't led me wrong on medical decisions. I trust the overwhelming majority of the scientific and medical researchers on the planet. The countries that don't have good access to the vaccine are begging for help to get it. The military is requiring everyone get it. Hell even Trump's vaccinated and suggesting others get it (even if he gets booed by the crowd). Fox news has a vaccine or test policy and most of them are vaccinated. But sure, the small majority of people that doubt its safety and efficacy might be on the right side of history in time. You all might be like the few brave enough to say the world wasn't flat back in the day, risking being called heretics by the experts of the day...

EDIT: Also.. I'd argue you trust tons of experts you don't ever meet every single day unless you're living off the grid in a cabin you made and growing your own food or something.
You keep bringing up the military. They have to follow the commander in chief's orders, and we all know who that is!

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
We're in the middle of an election in the middle of a pandemic.
eff the experts
Well for what it's worth I feel like I understand your point of view even if I don't agree with it.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
You keep bringing up the military. They have to follow the commander in chief's orders, and we all know who that is!
I guess all those leaders in the military are all breaking their oaths then and handing out orders they believe are unlawful, unethical, and unconstitutional? Do you really believe that? Do you really believe that after the deadline, when probably hardly anyone refuses the vaccine, that the military is just full of cowards that won't do the right thing?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah I too want to go back to the days when food producers were completely unregulated and were putting sawdust and other immediately harmful and nasty things in food. My point is the inconsistency. I hate the way people drive around my city, statistically they're pretty safe, but driving in general is a dangerous and all too often fatal activity but I take that risk every day without blinking. It's far more risky and likely that I'll die in a car accident than I'll die of surprise cancer caused by the vaccine many years from now. So when I hear people talking about rolling the dice like the vaccine is some huge gamble it just doesn't seem like a consistent assessment of the situation to me.
You think food is safer today? Id rather eat sawdust than roundup. It doesnt seem like a gamble to you because youre almost 100% convinced its really really safe because experts. You are biased against hearing about the many injuries or side effects and link that with other conspiracies that have nothing to do with covid or lockdowns, to disparage any vaccine opposition. Youre not a science denier, you pick what science you want to deny. Im not a science denier, I just dont trust anyone other than me has my best interest in mind.

There are a few experts I would listen to, and if you haven been paying attention, Al has already spoken.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
I think things as a whole are definitely safer than they were. If you could go back in time and live during any time in history what would you pick? I think safety regulation in food/medicine/workplaces/any field or category is all deeply flawed and could be way better, but I'm glad it's there and I hope it improves.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I guess all those leaders in the military are all breaking their oaths then and handing out orders they believe are unlawful, unethical, and unconstitutional? Do you really believe that? Do you really believe that after the deadline, when probably hardly anyone refuses the vaccine, that the military is just full of cowards that won't do the right thing?
They ALL take orders whether they agree with them or not. That's how the military works. It's nothing like civilian life. My husband spent 20 years in the military. I know what I'm talking about here!

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
They ALL take orders whether they agree with them or not. That's how the military works. It's nothing like civilian life. My husband spent 20 years in the military. I know what I'm talking about here!
I believe you, I'm just saying that they have an obligation to disobey orders they think violate their oath or the law and I think very few of them believe that, and even fewer still will actually not follow the order. I suppose we'll see soon.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I believe you, I'm just saying that they have an obligation to disobey orders they think violate their oath or the law and I think very few of them believe that, and even fewer still will actually not follow the order. I suppose we'll see soon.
If they disobey that order, they become a civilian very quickly because they are kicked out! So those that want to stay in will get the shot whether they want it or not.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
True, they are being forced to choose, and it must feel like an awful spot to be in if you want to keep your job but don't trust the vaccine. I still feel it's the right thing to do but I understand how unjust that would feel if I were in their shoes.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
This rational is why nothing gets resolved... People in their field know more than you, experts are that for a reason they have spent their lives in the field, you can't say their opinion isn't valuable.

thinking for yourself is one thing but that doesn't allow you to learn chemistry or spend years in a field to develop a basis of knowledge. How can your opinion on that just be inherently better?

Then there always comes the argument that oh well that's what big pharma wants you to think, and oh the government is out to get you! Those that listen to experts are just sheeple unable to think for themselves..

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
This rational is why nothing gets resolved... People in their field know more than you, experts are that for a reason they have spent their lives in the field, you can't say their opinion isn't valuable.

thinking for yourself is one thing but that doesn't allow you to learn chemistry or spend years in a field to develop a basis of knowledge. How can your opinion on that just be inherently better?

Then there always comes the argument that oh well that's what big pharma wants you to think, and oh the government is out to get you! Those that listen to experts are just sheeple unable to think for themselves..

I think people express the idea that they don't trust any experts, but practically that's so difficult to do in real life that they must be doing so anyway. Like if I try to imagine living a typical day where I trust almost no one it would be so exceedingly difficult to do. People can be self-sufficient, self-deterministic and still trust experts they've never met. I'm new to the lab tech gig, almost 4 years now, and I would trust advice I got here from a more experienced tech, even if it had the potential to be flawed or wrong, because it's a reasonable expectation they probably know better than I do on the subject.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If you watch enough videos of people paralyzed or trembling.. people talking about how their star athlete kids cant even get out of bed or go to school anymore after getting a shot, it doesnt take a scientist or government analyst to explain that to me. Whether or not the gov is out to get me is irrelevant, that again is trying to mislabel someone who disagrees with you.

I can spend all my life becoming an expert in chemistry, and what right does that give me to mandate you ingest my creations? You still have yet to name one scientist or Dr that has helped solve anything in this scenario.. How about Robert Malone? Is he the hero of mrna technology, or is he a villain because he is against using it like this? How has a lockdown helped you survive or end this pandemic.. because I remember we all trusted the 'experts' for 2 weeks, you know, to slow the spread.. So how many times are they allowed to change their mind or be wrong before they arent an expert?
As Ive told you before, I would never infringe on your right to lock yourself in your home or huff your own c02 for as long as you want.