COVID-19 RESTRICTION AND LOCKDOWNS- HOW YOU COPING??

• Thread starter enricochienrico
  • Start date
HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
If you watch enough videos of people paralyzed or trembling.. people talking about how their star athlete kids cant even get out of bed or go to school anymore after getting a shot, it doesnt take a scientist or government analyst to explain that to me. Whether or not the gov is out to get me is irrelevant, that again is trying to mislabel someone who disagrees with you.

I can spend all my life becoming an expert in chemistry, and what right does that give me to mandate you ingest my creations? You still have yet to name one scientist or Dr that has helped solve anything in this scenario.. How about Robert Malone? Is he the hero of mrna technology, or is he a villain because he is against using it like this? How has a lockdown helped you survive or end this pandemic.. because I remember we all trusted the 'experts' for 2 weeks, you know, to slow the spread.. So how many times are they allowed to change their mind or be wrong before they arent an expert?
As Ive told you before, I would never infringe on your right to lock yourself in your home or huff your own c02 for as long as you want.
Do you think we should have treated it like chicken pox? Just let it do whatever? Have you seen videos of overloaded hospitals with a tidal wave of infection, patients laying on the ground, triage who is likely to live and die, no chance of getting treatment for other problems because there's no beds? The response was chaotic, rushed, flawed, inconsistent, and it still saved many lives.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
If you watch enough videos of people paralyzed or trembling.. people talking about how their star athlete kids cant even get out of bed or go to school anymore after getting a shot, it doesnt take a scientist or government analyst to explain that to me. Whether or not the gov is out to get me is irrelevant, that again is trying to mislabel someone who disagrees with you.

I can spend all my life becoming an expert in chemistry, and what right does that give me to mandate you ingest my creations? You still have yet to name one scientist or Dr that has helped solve anything in this scenario.. How about Robert Malone? Is he the hero of mrna technology, or is he a villain because he is against using it like this? How has a lockdown helped you survive or end this pandemic.. because I remember we all trusted the 'experts' for 2 weeks, you know, to slow the spread.. So how many times are they allowed to change their mind or be wrong before they arent an expert?
As Ive told you before, I would never infringe on your right to lock yourself in your home or huff your own c02 for as long as you want.
What? Do you want the answer to be it just works for everyone no issues? That's not how things work, some people react to things differently, for every 1 person with a negative side effect from the vaccine, how many thousand don't, how many people go on to contract covid and have minimal side effects, the scientific community isn't infallible and they never say one this has no potential risks. Penicillin, arguable a really great scientific find, some people are allergic to it and will have an extremely negative reaction to it, does that mean its invalid and should be avoided?

If you cant trust people in their fields to be their job then might as well pack up, move to the middle of the forest and live self sufficiently.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
Trust the experts, and drs... sure
Which public health officials went to the overflowing hospitals to help? When was the las time they treated people for anything?
They finished school a while ago, got their title, and maybe even worked in the field a bit, and decided to be paper pushers...
So when a dr works in the hospital and treat people with covid on a daily basis for over a year, and says here is something that works, or even treating people with vaccine injuries... but gets ignored, censored or threatened to lose his/her license... I don't know. I would rather take his word over an idiot who wants to play politician so he/she can feel important and make a lot of money. These people don't have to care about you, they get their money no matter what. And these health officials who make recommendations to politians get paid from big pharma companies "for consulting"

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
True, they are being forced to choose, and it must feel like an awful spot to be in if you want to keep your job but don't trust the vaccine. I still feel it's the right thing to do but I understand how unjust that would feel if I were in their shoes.
Exactly. I feel that it should be everyones right to choose whether they get the shot or not. NO ONE in the government should be able to force you to get it. I got my second shot in Feb., but it was MY choice to get it. Now they're trying to force people to get it, and that's just WRONG!!!!

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Exactly. I feel that it should be everyones right to choose whether they get the shot or not. NO ONE in the government should be able to force you to get it. I got my second shot in Feb., but it was MY choice to get it. Now they're trying to force people to get it, and that's just WRONG!!!!
I know it's being very specific, but I do think it's important to note that right now they are forcing people to make a choice, but they're not literally holding people down and forcing anyone to get the shot. For some people it will be an immense amount of pressure but that's not the same thing as forcing. They do have the right to choose, and they're going to exercise that right. If they were giving people the shot without their consent then I would be 100% against that.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I know it's being very specific, but I do think it's important to note that right now they are forcing people to make a choice, but they're not literally holding people down and forcing anyone to get the shot. For some people it will be an immense amount of pressure but that's not the same thing as forcing. They do have the right to choose, and they're going to exercise that right. If they were giving people the shot without their consent then I would be 100% against that.
They are trying to force people to get it. There are lots of places can't you go without showing your vaccination card? Especially in the big cities. Tell me that isn't discrimination.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
They are trying to force people to get it. There are lots of places can't you go without showing your vaccination card? Especially in the big cities. Tell me that isn't discrimination.
They are pressuring people hard to get it, and it's going to get more and more inconvenient to not get it, but no, they're not forcing them to get it. It's not discrimination by any definition I can find, though that is because I believe the mandates are not unjust, and are in the interest of public health. For people that believe mandates are unjust, then yes it's discrimination to them. I could believe that having to have a license to drive a car legally is unjust and that I'm being discriminated against if I get in trouble for it, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
They are pressuring people hard to get it, and it's going to get more and more inconvenient to not get it, but no, they're not forcing them to get it. It's not discrimination by any definition I can find, though that is because I believe the mandates are not unjust, and are in the interest of public health. For people that believe mandates are unjust, then yes it's discrimination to them. I could believe that having to have a license to drive a car legally is unjust and that I'm being discriminated against if I get in trouble for it, but that doesn't mean it's true.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
Now on to another subject. You have posted to this thread 13 times in the last five hours, how much WORK have you done today?!?!

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
It's a topic I'm very passionate about. I have a good 30 seconds to a minute to work on replying every time I tell the computer to generate a model off of my scan :p

Designed about 10 units so far today, waxed margins on a few, milled maybe 15? I lost count. Doing battle with the 3d printer and on the phone with those pesky "experts" at formlabs.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This is far more entertaining than work.

self sufficient, live in the woods.. check.

Since you're new to the field abe, spend enough time and you will see plenty of malpractice from experts in their field. Little to no recourse for their actions unless its purposefully devious. You will see owners knowingly send out crowns that will be a pain for someone the rest of their life, and Dr's approve it. Everyone makes their money. Pharma is run by boards and shareholders, not scientists. They get their money and commit well documented medical malpractice with scientists best effort. Fined over 35bil. In criminal penalties but still able to push drugs. You either have to have no ethics regarding medical malpractice or no compassion for the injured, or both.
abe you have admitted its not 100% safe or effective and doesnt stop spread,, you have admitted scientists are not perfect, you have admitted the gov coercing and threatening people to get a pharma product, you've even admitted you're from WA.. and you still need more control over you're life and your neighbor, to make you feel safe from this virus?

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
I've seen some unbelievable work come in yeah. And it makes me deeply sad. My dad's a dentist and he always strives to do the best work he can for the patient (and their wallet). He used to be a lab tech before becoming a dentist so it always cracks me up on the rare occasion we do work for him and I get an rx form that's like covered in text and details compared to one from another doc that just says "#31" and has a margin that I can barely tell where it might be.. it sucks a lot.

All of those things you said are true, there shouldn't be a profit motive built into the healthcare system because it makes a conflict of interest. I never said the vaccine doesn't slow down the spread, it does. Even with this flawed system that needs huge reforms it can still do good things. The reason I support mandates, masks, vaccines, is because I have empathy. I believe it will save people from suffering horrendous and slow death gasping for breath. It's to protect those that are more vulnerable that I'm okay with a minor inconvenience on my part.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
But its not on your part, its an inconvenience on everyones part. Its people losing their businesses because they arent allowed to open, and being fined if they do. Its convenient to cloak that in empathy for people dying horrendous slow death. Where was your mask before 2020? Did you care or ever even know if you gave grandma the flu?

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
But its not on your part, its an inconvenience on everyones part. Its people losing their businesses because they arent allowed to open, and being fined if they do. Its convenient to cloak that in empathy for people dying horrendous slow death. Where was your mask before 2020? Did you care or ever even know if you gave grandma the flu?
We can't really progress the discussion if we can't agree on reputable sources to get numbers from can we? I believe there are real complications that can come as a result of getting the vaccine but the chances of those complications are minuscule and the chances of dying or being severely impacted by covid are far greater.

I can tell you I wouldn't go visit grandma if I had a cold or come in to work and risk infecting my coworkers. Of course I cared, and of course it's possible I got someone sick and didn't know it was me who did it. Look at how New Zealand handled things, they locked down hard and fast, isolated, and were able to open things back up quickly. I'm not sure their status now, but if we'd all done it like them we would probably be completely out of this situation.

Our government has been horrible at mitigating the damage, but they could have. They can find trillions of dollars for endless and useless wars, or bailing out idiot banks that play with people's money and lose it all, but finding a small amount by comparison to keep people afloat through a difficult time is apparently suddenly a problem.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nobody expected the game changer variant.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
first off, thats not the AP or Reuters, so i dont trust it.
second, my Dr (who wants me to get the shot) says that there is not a test that she knows of for the delta variant (that is widely used).....so how do they know its a variant? unless of course they are doing genomic sequencing on every person they are testing

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
first off, thats not the AP or Reuters, so i dont trust it.
second, my Dr (who wants me to get the shot) says that there is not a test that she knows of for the delta variant (that is widely used).....so how do they know its a variant? unless of course they are doing genomic sequencing on every person they are testing

I think the BBC is generally reputable. If you listen to their radio they ask harder questions of people than I've ever heard other news orgs do. Instead of moving on when politicians dodge questions they tend to stay on it more and keep repeating the question, immensely satisfying to hear them squirm instead of dodge. The article if you bother to read it pretty much backs up what I've been saying. Their initial lockdown was very effective and if we'd all done similarly the virus might have been stopped dead in its tracks. Now with a more easily and faster spread variant (first cropped up in India I believe, before the vaccine was even out and approved) their methods are less adequate and their vaccine rollout is slow so they have less defenses. Still if you look at how many have died there as a % it's far less than here in the US (1 in 500). Of course you will say that the stats are suspect and you can't trust them so again we can't have a productive conversation about specifics because we can't agree on what the baseline facts ate.

There is a way to see if it's detla, PCR test into genetic analysis like you said.

Currently, Idaho (bad vaccination rates) is overwhelmed with patients so much so that it's affecting my state. The hospitals are all slammed and they're rationing care. In areas with higher vaccination rates this is a problem, but it's not nearly as bad.

I guess all these healthcare workers busting their butts to save people are just all part of the evil conspiracy, or stupid, unwilling stooges of a grand scheme.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
so you dont believe the experts? my personal expert said otherwise.
I agreed with you and your doctor. They want you to get vaccinated. There is no test to check for delta unless you run a different test after a positive PCR test. Just because it's harder to test for doesn't mean you can't get statistically relevant and significant data. We've been over this a bunch already, your doctor recommending the shot is standing with the overwhelming majority of scientific and medical consensus that it is safe and effective. It's not 100% safe, and it's not 100% effective, but it's wayyyyy better than if you don't have it.