Complicated case

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
cemented bridge then it'll be.........advise doc to use temp cement.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We delivered the case yesterday. The doctor called me this morning and said that the patient loved the result. She also said that this was the most complicated case she has restored and it couldn't have been easier for her to deliver. We weren't terribly excited about the overall esthetics of the case, but we provided the doctor and the patient with the result that they desired so I guess this was a win. Here are the final pics of the bridge on the model. What would some of you have charged for this bridge? The alloy we used is a Noble alloy with around 2% gold. We also used 3 Atlantis custom abutments.
photo (26).jpg photo (25).jpg photo (24).jpg

corona

corona

Reaction score
brett , got into this post late but , did you splint an abutment and an implant together ?? i thought this was a no-no ... have things changed ? couldnt really tell by the pic . NICE work btw !

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Yes...the whole bridge is splinted. As far as it being a non-no...most of the evidence shows that it is acceptable, but implant to abutment splinting does have a slightly higher rate of failure. From what I have read, as long as the abutments are immobile, which I was told these were, it is acceptable to splint the implants to the abutments(Misch, Dental Implant Prosthetics). I consulted with the doctor on incorporating all the implants and the abutments into the bridge to increase the chances that the bridge won't cause any problems with the implants. Thanks!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Here are the final pics of the bridge on the model. What would some of you have charged for this bridge?

I would have defined the M and D line angles of 8 and 9 and brought them inwards to help keep them from looking flat and wide.