Clone in 3Shape

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
Has anyone used the option to clone in 3shape ?. I have not been able to do ....

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Where is it? I exchanged emails with Tais Clausen a few weeks ago to try to get them to put in a Copy function. He said they would be working on it, but I didn't know they had it already...

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Do you mean the mirror tool/Morph to preprep?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I use the mirror tool all the time? Is that what you mean?

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
No..no... i mean to clone the system.

In Control Panel--> Import Export--> Clone System

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
You can create a clone of a system by going into the Dental System Control Panel of the original machine, then navigating to 'Tools>Import/Export'. In the dropdown menu, choose 'Clone system'. This will create a .ZIP file of the system. The cloned system will be the exact same version as the original (So, if you are running 2.9.9.4, your clone will be 2.9.9.4, it will not work with any other version). It will also preserve the installation type (Client/Server or Standalone).

On the new machine, your 3shape distributor will run the installer file for the same exact version, choose 'Custom installation', then choose 'Clone system' in the dropdown menu, select the previously created .ZIP file and run the installer as usual.

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
My problem is that when I click on "clone system " asks for a target to copy the zip file but then nothing happens, it does not create or copy any file ...

C

CadCamTech

Reaction score
Just tried it in 2994 and two progress bars shows up under the "clone system" button right after specifying the file name. Maybe there was a problem accessing your target, or low capacity?

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
are you referring to cloning a patients smile photo?

G

Glassman

Reaction score
I think he's referring to cloning the hard drive in case of catastrophic failure.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Man you guys should read the posts ahead of you..

Maybe there is a conflict with the path where the file is being created. . Like wrong drive or directory.. or maybe its just a bug.. no that wouldn't happen with 3shape..

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
i gave up on it after it failed a few times. It's easier to install and then copy/paste the program files and configuration folders.