Clon3D

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thats very odd sir. might i recommend sending your crowns and models to a 3rd party to Quality check before it ever reaches you?

if they can come to the same conclusions then there might be a problem with your unit or the use of your unit.

you are the .01% in this situation, if it truly is a case of bad fits. i had a doctor who used to send me lots of work, he loved our emax. his preps however, and margins always left us dumbfounded at how poor his capacity was to do dental work at all let alone be one of the teachers at LVI

so he got an iTero machine, and his margins improved, and to a certain extent so did his preps however he just never trusted the machine. EVERY case thereafter he would send back, poor marginal adaptation, loose fits, or poor occlusion. iTero attached notes to every case though; "please call doctor re margins, missing data and bite scan"

iTero had no problem milling the case, but this doc had every intention to never do a rescan, and not accept the lab's critique of his case. finally we sent him a GFYS letter.

the only difference in these two cases is my doctor always had margins subgingival, with tissue flaps over it, or blood or saliva, that made for a very tough reading. if your margins are supragingival and the lab still has issues adapting, then theres probably a problem in interpretation of the margin; what i mean by that is that if the digital scan files are being milled, then scanned again for a zirconia or CAD cast item, the margin line will have lost some integrity.

ask your lab how they process the case, if they use the Export functions of the iTero or if they do additional scans.

bottom line here, Norm, is that your story and the lab's story are very likely two different things.

becase well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It is still a dream for now....

Waste of $$. Sorry to hear.

I have a 3M C.O.S. that you can try for free!

You game? It is somewhere in Florida. Can be shipped to ya.

Probably better than the iTero? But not by much I'd imagine.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Norman,
Welcome to DLN.
We have many Itero users that have been very happy with results. Are you in the US? Have you spoken with Align?
May I suggest doing a few intraoral scans and then scanning the models and putting both scans through accuracy analysis software. If you would like we can help in this process. Honestly, I am offering this support because it is odd that this is happening to you.
Bob

R

ross75

Reaction score
I have been using the iTero for 6 months and have been very impressed with the fit of crowns. Almost no adjustment necessary. Something is going wrong in the process for Norman to be having such problems.

Top Bottom