Cerec...YEAH!

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Pulled this info off a dentists website while I was researching dentists in my area we could market to. It's shocking how many have a Cerec. Seems more than 50%.

Anyway, nuggets of Cerec propaganda. Funny...right?

-------

Best of all: your CEREC crown is designed and made by your doctor, NOT a lab technician that has never seen you!

The CEREC system allows the doctor to take a digital image of the tooth after preparing the tooth for the restoration. This step replaces the typical impression that doctors send to the lab. This digital image is then used to make a 3D computer generated replication of the tooth. The resulting image is then used to design the "Perfect" restoration for the patient. This step takes about 5 minutes, and then the milling machine makes your restoration in 10-15 minutes out of a porcelain block. 20 minutes later, the custom designed restoration is permanently placed and NO temporaries are needed.

Gotta love it.:D

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The sad part is Patterson and Sirona probably wrote it for him...

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
FYI, in office milling is now penetrating only 9% of dental offices. In a recent survey, 33% responded that IF they could afford it they would consider purchasing.
If it gets to 50% we're all cooked. And so are the dentists, there will be no labs left to do the more difficult cases.
B

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If it gets to 50% we're all cooked. And so are the dentists, there will be no labs left to do the more difficult cases.
B[/QUOTE]

If it comes to that the ones who kept their skills honed
will be able to pick and choose the clinicians they work
for and charge accordingly for high quality work.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
B

If it comes to that the ones who kept their skills honed
will be able to pick and choose the clinicians they work
for and charge accordingly for high quality work.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case.. I thought a lot about what would happen when we lose all the posterior work etc. everyone keeps saying how all the high end Labs will be able to charge high prices for the high quality anterior work. But what about all the high quality techs now competing for the difficult anterior work? Sure, some will hold out for good reason, but eventually we will all now be competing heavily for that work as well. Could you imagine some of these high end labs having to continually lower high quality work pricing to compete with other high quality labs who are having to lower theirs? Nuts

Top Bottom