Cerec Connect

gzarrov

gzarrov

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to be able to receive files from cerec intra oral scanners so i can send them to a model printer . I don't need to fabricate crowns from the scan . Do I have to have a inlab scanner ? If I only had a cerec connect software but no scanner can i still be part of cerec connect? Where can I have my models printed and whats the cost ? Do dentist have to pay additional fees to use cerec connect? If they do ,how much???? Please help.. :)

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I dont think you need the scanner... you just need inlab software...
you open inlab.
Click cerec connect.
recieve cases from doctors...
Accept them...
Then it lets you order models from them...
Inlab will open a web page in your browser to a shopping cart with the models you selected...
Then they dont hold account info, you have to input a credt card each time...
then 3 days or less the model is overnighted to your door...
I think we pay APX $30-40 for an articulated model and solid model including shipping.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Cerec wouldn't sell me the software without the scanner...... I argued with them for quite awhile. Just wanted to import intra oral scans...

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... wait for it... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... SHOCKER!!

gzarrov

gzarrov

Reaction score
So, if i only had the software can doctor see my lab from his software ?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I belive the doctor should be able to order the model from the intra oral scan and have it delivered to you...
But bulding the restoration directly from a milled model isnt exactly how its spose to work... But it can.

gzarrov

gzarrov

Reaction score
I was gonna have the model printed and then scan the model in 3shape and make the restoration in my dentmill :) If i buy the ios blue scanner in order to open the cerec file to stl I need to pay $3000 licence fee.. They want all the money for them self ..

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Its ok if you and the doctor are ok with it.
But, a big butt, the milled models are mossing a lot of detail and information. I would imagine the fit and the margins wouldnt be ideal proccessing the entire restoration on the milled model...
So I dont understand the point?
You can wait 3 days for the model or you can wait a few hours or a few days for the impression...
Its like a mexican stand off.. or isnt it?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I was told if I did somehow come by the software I still couldn't mill with my Roland without a license, which would require me going through sirona, which would then make me have to buy the scanner to get the license to mill, blah, blah, blah etc......

Top Bottom