Case rehab

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Hi
A case came to me yesterday , dentist want six attached anterior units upper and lower.
But he wants to increase the bite vertical dimension.
But he was not sure , can we make the prosthesis right now or should we make an adjustable acrylic prosthesis to make sure the patient will adapt to the new increased dimension?

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
d6b342fde0cbd749950239c693269bd0.jpg
ba8d7e35bf0e1e29d63f7121c46637da.jpg
17ea9da55c6f9b3368b8468ef4f6e9d1.jpg

Sent from my PadFone T008 using Tapatalk

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
f66c74bf8629a9e095d17059adb072ad.jpg

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
That is going to be a lot of work...

Most of the upper anteriors will probably have to come out. Is a periodontist involved in the treatment?

What is desired, fixed? Are implants an option? What can the pt afford?

As mentioned above, diagnostics wax up, provisional etc. And yes, from what can be seen here, you want to increase the vertical dimension. Under normal circumstances, you can increase the VDO quit a bit befor the pt is uncomfortable.

Also, It is important to establish posterior occlusion. This gal ended up like this, in parts, due to missing posterior occlusion.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
That is going to be a lot of work...

Most of the upper anteriors will probably have to come out. Is a periodontist involved in the treatment?

What is desired, fixed? Are implants an option? What can the pt afford?

As mentioned above, diagnostics wax up, provisional etc. And yes, from what can be seen here, you want to increase the vertical dimension. Under normal circumstances, you can increase the VDO quit a bit befor the pt is uncomfortable.

Also, It is important to establish posterior occlusion. This gal ended up like this, in parts, due to missing posterior occlusion.
Implant is not an option, they want fixed.
Do you think it's a good idea to tract the anteriors palately before preparation?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Lack of hygiene = denture.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Do you think it's a good idea to tract the anteriors palately before preparation?

Oh my... Well, if it is desired to use the teeth visible here in the pictures, to bring them in, ortho would be indicated. What survival rate is predicted, once prepped?? Hygiene doesn't seem to be of priority...

But I really suggest to get posterior occlusial stops!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you increase the vertical dimension when replacing the upper and lower anteriors what are you going to do for the posterior occlusion?

The bone around the upper lateral incisors doesn't look to promising in the x-ray.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If you increase the vertical dimension when replacing the upper and lower anteriors what are you going to do for the posterior occlusion?

The bone around the upper lateral incisors doesn't look to promising in the x-ray.
C'mon,those beautiful pfms by Disturbed are holding up just fine.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Very well, I got the whole picture now.
Thanks

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
what are you going to do for the posterior occlusion

And that is part of the original problem. This Pt needs something to chew on in the posterior region. If not, It is bound to fail...

Very well, I got the whole picture now.

This case is not just a 'prep and restore' case. Make sure your client understands that!

Adi

Adi

Reaction score

In the posterior an attachment removable.