CAD designed PUD

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Dr requested a diagnostic waxup,surgical guide for 3 implant sites and a temp partial for this patient.
I thought I would combine all 3 with my 3 Shape .The teeth were milled in A2 pmma and the pink is Triad.

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_CarolynAndrews002.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_CarolynAndrews004.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_CarolynAndrews001.jpg
ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_CarolynAndrews002.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_CarolynAndrews004.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_CarolynAndrews001.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
yeah thats neat :high5:

any excuse to use PMMA now huh :)

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
yeah thats neat :high5:

any excuse to use PMMA now huh :)

lol..ya I'm having fun with it,In fact I think making dentures from an intra oral scan is very possible.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i really like where this is going.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
rkm, that is awesome! Do you have an on site milling unit?

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
wrought wire really? Mill some PMMA clasps if you really want to impress us...
Or mill duplicate replacement teeth from preextraction scan data...that would be neat to see.
Seriously though....pretty cool work...keep sharing.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Dr requested a diagnostic waxup,surgical guide for 3 implant sites and a temp partial for this patient.
I thought I would combine all 3 with my 3 Shape .The teeth were milled in A2 pmma and the pink is Triad.

Hi!

Please help me understand your project. So milled the teeth with your cad/cam milling unit(you scanned the model and make a custom smile design),after you made a removable with the Denstply Triad light couring material,then made 2 clasp with handmade????

DENTSPLY - Triad®

When i first read your thread i thinked you milled a removable...but if i'm right you just used the cad/cam technology as only one part of the work!

Great job anyway, you give me a great idea. Custom made denture teeth!!!I have scanned some impression from local celebrities i think i can made a denture sometime....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

Hi!

Please help me understand your project. So milled the teeth with your cad/cam milling unit(you scanned the model and make a custom smile design),after you made a removable with the Denstply Triad light couring material,then made 2 clasp with handmade????

DENTSPLY - Triad®

When i first read your thread i thinked you milled a removable...but if i'm right you just used the cad/cam technology as only one part of the work!

Great job anyway, you give me a great idea. Custom made denture teeth!!!I have scanned some impression from local celebrities i think i can made a denture sometime....

I think it is very possible to mill a removable however I don't think pmma is the right material.I am sure there is some company working on a newer generation material that will work.

We are staining monolithic and one powder crowns so why not "paint on" the pink flanges and custom colour the milled teeth?

...or mill from a polychromatic block/disc...

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score

Now come on...you said that was bonded.....what are you trying to pull....

I really hope that you realize Im just being a sarcastic ass....I seriously dig what youre doing...Keep the pics coming.

Are you casting your own disc blanks?
ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmapudmaryland004.jpg

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
I cast pmma bridges etc. but I'm not sure what you mean by disc blanks. I'm just scanning and designing these things.

Ahh somehow I thought you were milling your resulting designs....I was curious if the milling disc was purchased or cast inhouse. My background is more in materials and manufacturing process, dental has been more of a fallback career for me when my consulting work dries up....so my curiosity was running amok.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i too am somewhat befuddled by the use of "cast your own blanks" as normally the wieland blanks are 98mm pucks, and bits of it are cut from those pucks.

akin to Casting is Printing, which achieves the same result but by slowly adding material upon material, undergoing a melting/cooling rapid process.

nevertheless, RKM thats a very cool clasp design, i wonder if it could be improved somewhat. it looks rather tall.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
i too am somewhat befuddled by the use of "cast your own blanks" as normally the wieland blanks are 98mm pucks, and bits of it are cut from those pucks.

Allow me to defuddle.....I was curious to know if the blanks he was using were purchased from someone, wieland, or cast in house.
As in "Did you cast the 98mm disc then machine it or did you just buy it"
Which I have now discovered, neither applied as he was designing and having someone else machine....but I had asked because, I vaguely recalled his posting in a thread offering castable PMMA, which upon review I have discovered that he was "not sure of the exact composition of this material" which had I searched before asking would have answered my question, avoiding all confusion entirely.

akin to Casting is Printing, which achieves the same result but by slowly adding material upon material, undergoing a melting/cooling rapid process.

And as for this....I am befuddled as to your reference.....
as FDM, adding material upon material, undergoing a melting/cooling rapid process, has terrible resolution...which is what youve described..

most dental printing is either done through MJM or SLA....

the first of which can vaguely resemble your statement of melting, inkjetting, then cooling....though often involves a jetted photopolymer being exposed to cause free radical polymerization......

Or the latter which skips the initial mess and justs polymerizes a pattern layer at a time through either guided laser exposure of the photopolymer or DLP exposure.

But thats more than enough tangential divergence...RKM sorry for the brief derailment my confusion brought.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
very impressive diagnostic/surgical guide/temp partial RKM!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Here is another case I am working on;

pmma temps

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos426_1.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos430_1.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays005_1.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays004_1.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays003_1.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays002_1.jpg

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays001_1.jpg
ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos426_1.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos430_1.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays005_1.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays004_1.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays003_1.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays002_1.jpg ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_pmmatemponlays001_1.jpg